Finishing loggia clapboard
Arrangement of your own home is a long, painstaking process, but with intensive work a good result will not keep you waiting. Loggia is a place of rest in a city apartment, when there is no opportunity to go out into the garden and get some fresh air. That is why this part of your home should be attractive and comfortable. The interior decoration of the loggia allows you to turn a nondescript space into an attractive teremok. One of the most popular materials for finishing loggias is lining.
The difference from the balcony balconies
Many people are often confused, and sometimes do not distinguish at all two such architectural details as the loggia and the balcony. In fact, this is far from the same thing. Speaking of a balcony, it is implied that a part of the slab protruding beyond the building’s boundaries is fenced on three sides. Most multi-storey buildings are equipped with a balcony, which can be glazed and insulated or remain in its original form, without any excesses.
Loggia is a direct part of the building, its continuation. Unlike the balcony, this part of the room has only one open side - the front. All other parties are closed. Loggia is considered more comfortable and functional than a balcony. It is much easier to warm it, since most of its parties are capital. Initially, the loggia can be open or glazed. In any case, it is much simpler to cheaper to glaze a loggia on your own than to carry out this procedure with a balcony.
The loggia is also good because many owners of small apartments can increase living space at the expense of it. To do this, it is enough to remove the partition between the apartment and the loggia and warm the space. Many homeowners take out the heating radiator outside the apartment.
Features and benefits
It is difficult to find a modern person who would not know what lining is. This building material is widely used for interior and exterior decoration. Initially, this building material was used exclusively for finishing the space in the cars, from which it got its name.The material is easily recognizable, thanks to the dimensions adopted in accordance with GOST. The appearance of the modern lining is somewhat different from that used in the last century. But the properties of their material retained, while remaining incredibly smooth and attractive.
Many people associate boards with a tree, although now there is also plastic lining, which has been marked with Euro. Both plastic and wood are widely used in the decoration of walls and ceilings in the room. Wooden lining, if properly used, can last up to 20 years, maintaining its original appearance. And if you treat the surface of the boards with special antifungal agents, you can always enjoy the beauty of the walls.
The cost of lining depends on the type of wood from which it is made. Oak planks are considered the most expensive, pine material is considered to be cheaper.
- Extra. This class of lining is considered the highest and best. The material is made from the finest wood, which is carefully selected. The boards are ideally cut, have not a single knot and not a single crack on their surface.Naturally, the surface trimmed with such material will look luxurious and attractive. Your loggia will become a truly work of art that you want to admire without taking your eyes off.
The only downside to premium classroom plating is its high price. Compared to the rest of his comrades, this material will cost much higher. But such a wall panel is much easier to install, since the percentage of defective boards is minimized.
- Class A. The material in this category also looks pretty good, but there is a high probability to stumble upon knots. But many builders and finishers consider such a wall paneling even more beautiful, since it has a natural non-uniform structure, and the knots encountered add a certain zest to the material. Such lining looks more natural, resembles a tree trunk.
But still it is lower class than Premium, because it has a rougher surface, and the rejection rate increases significantly. And the installation of defective boards can significantly spoil the whole algorithm of plating.
- Class B. The farther from the initial letters of the alphabet that mark wooden boards, the lower their class.Class B paneling even looks very different from the first two. On its surface there are many knots and hustle, cracks and chips may occur. All this significantly affects the quality of the facing of the walls, their appearance. But the material of class B is much cheaper than all the others, so this paneling is also in demand.
- Class C. The material of this category is considered to be the lowest, therefore it is more suitable for wall decoration in industrial premises where aesthetics do not play the most important role. Despite the fact that class C planks have a lot of knots, resin smudges, holes and cracks, they have the right to exist. After all, this material is still natural, so it is chosen for the walls in the rooms. Lining in any case retains the unique smell of wood, which is much better and more pleasant than just whitewashed walls.
As for the finishing of the loggia with clapboard, the material of Premium and Class A class is best suited for this purpose. In this case, your loggia will look great inside. If you plan to paint the walls after finishing them with clapboard, you can give preference to class B.Under the layer of color paint, all the flaws are well hidden, and the surface of the boards becomes more smooth and even.
- Lining. The material got its name thanks to that. What first began to make it in Europe, where there are no such rich resources and a large number of diverse wood. Manufacturers fitted plastic panels to the size of wood, so PVC panels have similarities with wooden planks. The material is popular all over the world due to its availability and minimal amount of waste after use. You can easily turn your own loggia into a beautiful and cozy corner, covering the walls with eurolining.
Lining is widely used for finishing loggias. You have the opportunity to create a space loggia in any color, combine colors. Plastic lining is quite durable, does not deteriorate when exposed to moisture. But many people are confused by the fact that the material is not natural and is capable of exuding an unpleasant odor, especially at the initial stage of operation.
The loggia, lined with plastic, looks quite aesthetically pleasing, easy to care for.The main issue when choosing this building material is color. A wide color palette can take you by surprise.
How to choose?
Despite the fact that in all hardware stores lining is already divided into categories, it is worth being extremely careful when buying it. This process is somewhat similar to the purchase of fruit, when an unscrupulous seller doesn’t give him a rotten copy.
If you purchase a Premium or A class wall paneling, then carefully inspect each plank so that there are no knots on it or their number corresponds to the stated category. The higher the class of lining, the more it costs. It is unlikely that you want to overpay for low-quality goods.
In addition to the surface of the boards, it is also worth paying attention to their size and quality of the slots, with which they will be connected to each other. All planks must be the same size.
To sheathe a loggia with their own hands is not a problem even for those who have never done it. The most important thing is to properly prepare the surface. Most often, clapboard cladding is the final stage of space insulation and has a decorative function.
Before you begin to mount the boards, make sure that the surface is perfectly flat. This will help you building level. The surface on which the boards will be installed must be treated with anti-fungal agents. This will save you from unpleasant black spots during the operation of the loggia.
Once the surface is fully prepared, you can proceed to its facing. After the end of this stage, there may be a question about lining varnish. This item is not a prerequisite, because the boards and without varnish look great. You can use varnish if you want to be sure that so lining will last longer without changing its color.