Many will agree with the statement that a heated balcony or loggia is pleasant and productive. If space permits, you can arrange flowers on a warm loggia and admire them in the winter. Some combine a loggia with a kitchen, thus expanding its space. You can also use the heated area to create another room - a study or a nursery. Especially often families resort to this option, where kids are of different sexes. However, the heating of the loggia is not a simple process, laborious and entails monetary expenditures.
The first thing that comes to mind is the removal of central heating radiators outside the room. In this case, not everyone knows for sure, is it possible to carry the battery on the balcony? And the Housing Code of the Russian Federation just prohibits the transfer of pipes for centralized heating from a dwelling to a non-residential one. The law says that before deciding to remove heating pipes to a balcony or loggia, it is necessary to obtain written consent from all tenants of apartments through which the riser passes.With the received papers you should contact the local BTI and get permission from there.
Unauthorized transfer of batteries to the balcony can lead to a number of negative consequences. With the appearance of additional equipment in the network, the working pressure drops and, as a result, the water temperature decreases. If the battery is installed incorrectly, it may freeze and leak. The water will go to the lower floors and you will have to deal with disgruntled neighbors and pay for repairs. In case you nevertheless succeeded in legitimizing your intention of heating the loggia from the central heating and you received all the relevant papers to allow this action, you can safely proceed to the installation.
The installation of the radiator on the loggia itself is not complicated. Bring the battery on the balcony is quite possible on their own.
- Before installation, it is necessary to block the central water supply riser. For this you need to invite a regular mechanic or another representative of the HOA or utilities.
- Next, holes are made in the wall for future pipes and fixtures to them, in order to remove them from the room to the outside. In this case, the pipes themselves are recommended to choose polypropylene.Docking them does not require welding - they are connected using couplings.
- After the radiator is firmly fixed in the wall, it can be connected to the central supply. Under the pressure of water it is necessary to check the strength and the absence of leakage.
Installation of warm floors
This method of creating an additional source of heat is considered more economical. At the same time, its efficiency is no worse than a radiator. There are several types of warm floors.
This is a system of hot-water polymer pipes installed inside, which is taken from a central system or heating boiler. From the surface heated in this way, the air becomes warm and rises, mixing with the cold flow and heating the room. Since this method also involves intervention in the overall heating system, permission is also required for its installation in an apartment in a high-rise building.
This is an electrical system for heating a room, consisting of conductors, as well as a heat insulator and temperature regulators.
Cable Floor Advantages:
- Does not take away extra space - the cable floor is laid in the screed.
- Does not require additional maintenance in the process.
- Does not dry the air and does not emit harmful radiation.
- Works from the usual power supply network.
- It is possible to regulate and set a comfortable temperature.
- During the work there are no extraneous noises.
- Heating of the area occurs smoothly. Air flows are evenly distributed throughout the occupied volume of the room.
- Excessive consumption of electricity. Cable floor makes sense to install in apartment buildings with electric stoves. There electricity tariffs are lower than in houses with gas stoves.
- Wiring in an apartment or house should be in working condition. If the house is old and the wiring is worn out, a fire is possible.
This type of heating can successfully replace the carpet - it is based on a super thin film with built-in heating strips that perform the function of a thermostat. Such a device ensures uniform heating of the floor and the entire room. On the edges of the entire film are copper tires, which are conductors of electricity.They are joined by carbon elements, which, when heated, create infrared radiation. Such heat is considered beneficial to all living organisms.
Manufacturers claim that such a floor can be laid on any surface. This is a true statement, with only one amendment: the surface should be flat and smooth. Otherwise, the heating elements will quickly fail.
Advantages of an infrared heat-insulated floor:
- Profitable price. The cost of such a heating system is several times lower than other types of heating. Moreover, the film does not fit all the floor space, but only on the free territory from furniture and other outdoor objects.
- Easy installation. If you have the basic skills of working with electricity infrared film floor can be laid independently.
- Heated loggia using infrared radiation can be carried out without a major reorganization of the type of concrete screed and other repairs. An important detail: when laying the film under the floor covering between them, it is necessary to make a layer of fiberboard.
- such heaters do not dry the air, do not burn oxygen.
- Scientifically proven fact: infrared radiation is not only not harmful to human exposure, but also has a healing effect. The rays are able to penetrate deeply under the skin of a person and trigger regenerating processes at the cellular level.
- The heating process occurs quickly, almost immediately. In this case, the heat is distributed evenly.
- Thanks to the built-in temperature controllers, it is possible to choose the temperature regime of the entire room and individual zones in particular.
- Film infrared floor can be completely or partially dismantled in case of repair or relocation.
- Since all heating floor heating elements have a parallel construction, even in the event of a breakdown of one of them, the remaining sections will work.
- Floor convectors. This kind of radiator is embedded directly into the flooring. They effectively heat the air, preventing windows from sweating. Mounted parallel to the windows.
- Floor convectors. Mounted on top of the floor. On the loggia will be effective if it has a spacious area and large windows.
- Wall convectors.Attached to the side walls and have different sizes and connectivity.
- Plinth convectors. They play the role of the heater and baseboard at the same time. Very proven in areas where there are constant heat loss. These rooms are just loggias, balconies and terraces.
There are two types of air conditioners that can work “for heat” and “for cold”.
- Split system. The peculiarity of these devices is that when the temperature is below zero, the oil inside them freezes and thickens, and the productivity drops. Therefore, to install them in non-insulated premises is inefficient.
- Complex with air heat pump. It is used in the absence of central heating. The pump produces heat at air temperature up to -20 degrees.
- Portable oil heaters. For a loggia, this heating option is the most suitable. With low energy consumption, oil-fired radiators create a comfortable atmosphere for a stay. They do not burn oxygen and can remain on for a long time, maintaining the set temperature.
Loggia heating options can be many, but most of them will be inefficient in the absence of pre-insulation of the room where they will be placed.