Warm glazed balcony
Many apartment owners are trying to maximize their living space. Increasingly, they succeed at the expense of the territory of the balcony, which they turn into cabins or a full-fledged living room. To solve this problem, they resort to wall insulation and loggia glazing with the help of special structural elements.
These operations involve closing the balcony opening with a special frame structure that holds onto the glass.
These designs can be divided into 2 categories:
- Cold glazing. This approach involves the use of profiles and double-glazed windows, which do not contribute to the preservation of heat inside the room. Structures differ in a small thickness of the frame. Metal is used as the base material in the manufacture of the profile (in most cases aluminum, but other variants may occur).
- Warm glazing of the balcony is used in cases where the apartment owners want to create comfortable living conditions in this room independent of the period of the year.The materials used are thick profiles and double-glazed windows with several layers.
Some experts distinguish the so-called semi-warm glazing. A feature of this design is the use of sliding sashes, which are not able to provide a high level of thermal insulation. It should also highlight the panoramic systems that are used to create unique interiors by many modern designers.
Advantages and disadvantages
The advantages of warm designs include several characteristics:
- High level of tightness. Some modifications of a profile and double-glazed windows prevent the penetration of not only wind, moisture, but also sounds. This makes it possible to isolate the apartment in a peculiar way from noise.
- Durability and durability. Warm systems are ways to withstand very large loads, without losing their technical properties for several decades. Please note that some frame assemblies can be over 6 meters in length, which allows them to be mounted even in industrial facilities.
- Minimal care. Many types of modern materials are made of PVC, which does not react to external stimuli.Therefore, in order to maintain their beautiful appearance, you only need to remove dust in time, rubbing the surface with a damp cloth.
- A variety of designs. This allows you to create unique interiors.
- The possibility of expanding living space through the installation of warm systems. Such an approach can very often be found in rooms with a loggia.
- Relatively low cost of installation. First of all, it concerns plastic constructions, since aluminum glazing is somewhat more expensive.
Among the drawbacks of such products there are several weighty points:
- Reduction of space due to the increase in the thickness of the glass and frame.
- Installation of warm glazing is possible only on solid foundations, since the whole product has considerable weight. This is due to the same thickening of the walls and the use of multilayer glass.
- The price of materials and installation is much more than similar work for cold glazing.
- Wide frames reduce the luminous flux, so some rooms need additional lighting.
Many apartment owners are interested in whether it is possible to install such structures without the need for repairs on the entire balcony.To solve such a problem is quite simple, since its execution requires only the removal of the glasses and sash themselves and the installation of the necessary analogues in their place. If you want to completely transform this room, then you need to additionally carry out high-quality insulation of the surface of the walls, ceiling and floor with special materials.
Variety of materials
A warm balcony is a modern necessity, allowing not only to expand the space, but also to reduce heat loss (cost savings).
By production of a profile use several various materials:
- PVC Metal-plastic is the main product from which the profile for such products is obtained. Material differs in low cost with rather quite good indicators of durability, heat and sound insulation. It should be noted that there are several technologies for producing plastic, which makes it possible to initially set the properties necessary for a person.
- Aluminum. Warm balconies based on this product are relatively rare, since increasing the size of the profile to accommodate additional seals leads to an increase in cost.
- Tree.Many experts will argue that to achieve optimal temperature support with this material is quite difficult, but it is still possible. Please note that the tree has better technical performance than plastic, but it needs constant care to support them. This led to the fact that it is used to solve such problems less and less.
Determine the parameters of the plastic profile
In order to achieve optimal indoor temperature, it must be borne in mind that the technical features of the framework have an important role to play in heat loss. Therefore, when buying such products should pay attention to the thickness and type of profile:
Single-chamber products up to 58 mm are often installed on the loggia of Khrushchev and standard apartment buildings. With their help, you can achieve a moderate temperature in the cold period, but this does not mean that the room can be operated as a dwelling.
The two-chamber frame with a thickness of 70 mm allows you to retain heat and create a comfortable environment inside the house.
It should be noted that the number of cameras in the glass unit also affects such indicators.If the area of residence involves harsh winters, it is desirable to give preference to windows, which are complemented by three-layer glass (you can and more). Selecting the best option, be sure to take into account feedback from the owners of various systems. In order to clarify the full cost, it is advisable to use special calculators that are available to consultants and window meters.
The installation process of the "warm" window can be divided into several stages:
- Preparing the opening. Here it is supposed to assess the condition of the walls with the subsequent installation of the base under the frame. Some experts recommend the use of bricks for such purposes, some consider replacing them in the form of metal welded structures.
- Forming a frame around the perimeter. For such purposes, a metal corner is attached to the surfaces, which is aligned in a single plane.
- Frame setting. This stage involves the installation of window construction in the opening, alignment and fixing it in all planes.
- Mount. The final step is to fix the frame to the walls with dowels or other similar fasteners.To eliminate the gaps, an assembly foam is used, with which the holes between the wall and the frame are filled.
It should be understood that the installation of plastic balcony systems requires considerable effort and skill. Some works can be carried out without changing the facade. Trusting the solution of such tasks is desirable only for experienced specialists who will make everything much safer and more qualitative.