Dressing room in the hallway
A wardrobe room is not only very practical, but also fashionable: everyone around will gasp when they see how thrill you feel about your own things! Not every modern apartment has a place for a full-fledged room for storing clothes, and many stop at a compromise option - a dressing room in the hallway.
Features and benefits
All the necessary things in perfect order and always at hand - this is the main idea of any dressing room. And if at the same time she is at the exit from the apartment, then it is just great! In addition, if the dressing room is arranged in the hallway, you can not put bulky wardrobes in the rooms, for example, in the bedroom, as is customary. In the house there is more space and light.
Unlike other options, the dressing room in the hallway is the best fit for storing purely street things - gloves, scarves, umbrellas, sports equipment and clothing.If space permits, it is quite possible to place household accessories in such a dressing room, as well as a safe, an electric meter, an alarm control panel, etc.
Of course, under the dressing room you need to allocate space. In the spacious hallway you can make a built-in wardrobe. If you paste over its walls with the same wallpaper as the walls of the hallway, it will visually resemble a niche. In some apartments, by the way, such niches are created specially.
It is very good, if a storage room is adjacent to a hallway from one side - you can combine these two spaces.
Dressing room in the hallway can be of three types:
Closed wardrobe is a large closet. As a rule, it is closed by compartment doors with a mirror on the outside. Open - shelving with shelves or open storage systems with hangers and basket rails. This dressing room takes up less space, but requires perfect order, because it's all in sight.
The combined dressing room is a system when part of the space is open, and part is for example the upper or lower shelves closed from the eyes. This allows you to keep order, as well as to keep away those things that you do not use every day.
Every centimeter is important
For an ordinary family with 1-2 children, the optimal dressing room option is 4-5 m². In this space, you can place all the things and accessories of households. If there is very little space, you can equip a dressing room and 2m². In principle, such an area is no different from a standard wardrobe, but the space in it will be used more efficiently.
In the small hallway a dressing room is made near the largest wall. Put coupe doors from floor to ceiling and across the width. This option is successful, even if the hallway is narrow and long. Shelves, rails, hooks, shoes, baskets and boxes are installed inside. The essence of any dressing room, and even less, is that there can be no useless space. Shelves start from the ceiling itself - there you can hide a lot of things that you don’t need all the time. For convenience, you will need to purchase a stand or a small stepladder.
If space is small, you should pay attention to the corner wardrobe. This may be a corner closet or a rack with partially closed shelves. There are projects when the corner is simply fenced off by a wall of plasterboard in which the door is made, and shelves for storage are placed inside right on the walls. It turns out wardrobe triangular shape.
There are options for a mini dressing room.This is a small open storage system for the essentials that stands at the front door. Most often it is a shoe shelf, a railing for hangers with outerwear, hooks for umbrellas and an upper shelf for hats and accessories.
For ease of use of the dressing room is important to consider:
- Covering the floor and walls. On advertising photos, 2-3 dresses or a jacket are hung in the dressing rooms, and there are 2-3 pairs of perfectly clean shoes. In practice, everything will be completely wrong. Children will throw dirty shoes into the baskets, the walls can get dirty with wet umbrellas or shoe brushes - therefore all surfaces should be easy to wash and not absorb dirt.
- Lighting. All things should be clearly visible, so as not to have to search for them in a hurry. In addition, the light must be such that it is possible to spot a spot, hole or crease on clothes in time.
- Ventilation. It is especially important if things of a different season are stored in the dressing room (for example, fur coats in summer or light dresses folded in boxes in winter). This will preserve the appearance of things.
- Mirror. In variants with a hallway, it is usually placed outside on the door, or next to it on the wall.
In total, according to the internal structure, the dressing rooms can be divided into:
Frame wardrobe in the base has a metal rack. On them, like a designer, a storage system is assembled according to an individual project: rails, baskets, rods and shelves. This design is easily attached to the walls of various types, easy to change (holes for mounting modules in metal racks are at very different heights) and, if desired, it can be dismantled and moved to any other place in the house. To create such a dressing room in the hallway, consider stability - metal hooks and shelves must withstand heavy outerwear.
Panel construction takes up more space, but it looks very solid. As a rule, storage modules are attached to a panel that simply stands against a wall or is attached to it. This stationary version is made of various materials, but most often from MDF with veneer of various wood species. In an expensive interior, of course, the best will look array (classic). Experts believe that in pursuit of the beauty and status of such a design, the dressing room loses its functionality and does notalways created rationally. So, if you need to place a lot of things, the simpler the project, the better.
Having decided on the type of internal design, you need to create a project for a future dressing room. If you are planning to contact specialists, a simple pattern on paper will suffice.
A few secrets for the successful placement of things:
- Grouping clothes. Upper - underwear - underwear. Summer-winter-demi-season. Female-male-child. There can be plenty of options, think up your own. The most important thing is to wear clothes that are worn at the moment and correspond to the season before your eyes, and everything else is removed far.
- The length of things and understanding of what should be stored on hangers, and that - folded. The number of long (dresses, trousers) and short (jackets, jackets, blouses, shirts) in the project creates bars at different heights and the corresponding length. Knitwear, jeans, things from delicate fabrics are best kept folded - they will need shelves.
- Shoes are stored either in shoeboxes (ideally - sloping, where shoes stand vertically), or in boxes on shelves. Seasonal couples are placed in the "access zone", non-seasonal - are moved up or down.Boxes must be signed, and it is best to purchase special boxes with a transparent window in order to see exactly which pair is inside.
- Use accessories for storage. Shelves and drawers are, of course, good, but there are many devices that allow a huge amount of clothing to fit in a tiny closet. For example, a chain for hangers. So you can hang shirts or t-shirts. In appearance, of course, resembles a clothing market, but each shirt will be visible. There are special trempels for accessories, belts, belts, trousers. For order in the boxes with socks and linen, use dividers.
As apartments in cities become smaller, the problem of storing a large number of things becomes more urgent. Some companies make the creation of wardrobe systems their main profile.
“Parus and K” - positions itself as the first Russian manufacturer of storage systems. The company offers to develop an individual design project or purchase a ready-made solution for standard sizes. Among the ready-made systems are office, children's, system for the pantry and dressing room for the hallway.It consists of two rows of mesh shelves at the top, two rows at the bottom, four capacious baskets and a rail for hangers.
The Swedish company Elfa implements a huge number of projects for storing things, including in the hallway. Designers offer a lot of options for placing shelves and hooks, including not doors, under the stairs and in other unexpected places. On the website of the company you can find ideas for inspiration.
The leader in the Russian market, of course, Ikea. The company, except for household goods, specializes in solutions for compact storage, including dressing rooms. Most popular Ikea options:
- Wardrobes PAX. In fact, wardrobes, but they also have a certain degree of consistency: shelves that start from the very top, light baskets, bars for hangers in two rows and at different heights. Huge selection - from narrow and long to huge corner cabinets of different colors.
- Open systems Algot and Alvarly. Metal structures broken into narrow long sections. The project in each particular house is made up of these sections - by the number of them there can be as many as you like. They can also be supplemented with accompanying furniture - dressers, etc.
Having thought out everything thoroughly, you can make a dressing room in the hallway and do it yourself: the network has detailed instructions for creating a project and putting it into practice. You can take shelves, hangers, and other elements of finished hallways and assemble your own storage system. The main thing is to fit everything you need in it, and the necessary things are always at hand.