Electric fireplace in the living room interior
The fireplace in the interior of the living room looks especially cozy and attractive, and for the owners themselves the appearance of the home becomes another reason to gather family and friends. An electric fireplace will be an excellent ally in creating a unique interior for your living room and will significantly save time on installation and further maintenance.
Features and benefits
- Among the main advantages of an electric fireplace will be that it is absolutely safe: it is impossible for them to get burned and it does not produce carbon dioxide emissions.
- Electrofireplace - a separate source of heat, which heats quite well in comparison with the original versions with live fire.
- Such a fireplace can be easily installed in a pair with a TV: the “hearth” will not harm expensive equipment and will allow you to enjoy watching your favorite movie in a company with a pretty fireplace.
- Aesthetics - another advantage of electric fire; a fake hearth looks stylish and modern in interiors ranging from classic to minimalist designs.
- The installation of such a fireplace does not require the installation of an additional chimney; one has only to firmly fix the structure against the wall and decorate it if desired.
- Affordable price.
- Care for the fireplace is minimized by rubbing it with a damp sponge.
- Electrofireplaces have the function of adjusting heat, which allows you to create comfortable temperature conditions in the house.
An electric fireplace looks natural and resembles a real flame thanks to modern technologies that allow returning traditions to the real world, where there is hardly any place for regularity. There are several types of electric fireplaces, which we will discuss in this section:
- The built-in model which consists of two large parts is considered the most popular and accessible type of an electrofireplace: the center and a decorative design. Such a fireplace requires embedding into the wall at the stage of repair, and during finishing - facing with decorative elements made of stone or other materials.
Built-in fireplaces look good in classic interiors and spacious living rooms, as they are massive in size and occupy a significant place in space.In especially large rooms, the built-in fireplace can be positioned along the whole wall, creating its continuation in the form of the same decorative finish.
- Corner fireplace - the ability to diversify the interior and use the extra space to good use.
- Suspended fireplaces - the original solution for a small space, when it is especially important to save square meters. The suspended design of the fireplace allows you to mount it either on the wall or on the ceiling. Lightweight and safe electrofireplace especially suitable for modern interiors in the style of hi-tech or minimalist spaces. Wall hanging fireplaces allow you to change the usual arrangement of a pair of TV and a fireplace and swap them: hang an electric version of the hearth from above, and below it is a TV.
- Free fireplaces are those models that do not require installation, that is, they are mounted with a special bracket to the wall with ease and
The built-in electric fireplace often wants to be supplemented with a decorative finish in order to give it greater originality and emphasize the high status of a homeowner (or apartment owner).The loft style is always large spaces: ceilings, walls, doors and windows, where you can arrange those interior items that please the soul. Usually, loft-style fireplaces do not have portals and are made in a laconic design, the basis is metal, and tempered glossy glass serves as an additional material in the design of the fireplace. Fireplaces in this design are usually embedded in a wall or suspended from the ceiling.
Minimalism speaks for itself - this is the style in the interior, which does not accept a large number of details. Fireplaces in this format are simple in form, but functional in operation. To create an interior in the style of "minimalism", choose a model of electric heater, made of transparent glass, it is good if the hearth is two or three-sided.
The square-shaped fireplace is chosen for classic living room formats or rooms where space is required. An electric square fireplace will be an excellent choice for an apartment, where there is not a lot of space and there is a real struggle for every square meter.
A modern electric fireplace, depending on its design, can complement any interior, and a white fireplace will look especially concise in an apartment or house.White color is a choice of practical and sensible people, besides, the center of a light shade visually expands the space and does not look massive even when facing.
Combination with interior design
Electrofireplace in the interior of the living room looks concise and modern, especially in combination with the TV, which traditionally hangs on top of the "hearth". Fireplace paired with a TV is a very functional design, allowing you to enjoy watching TV shows or movies and flames, even if not alive.
Electric fire is perfect even for a small living room in the apartment, because it is easy to install and practical, as a heater and a decorative element of your space. In a small apartment, a small fireplace will become a "highlight" and a place for gathering households, and to create the most comfortable interior of the living room, it is necessary to place a sofa or several chairs opposite to the fireplace and TV, where everyone can find a place.
When installing a fireplace to think about the interior should be carefully, so that the room was not only attractive, but also the most functional. The first thing to think about is the design of your living room, or its stylistic direction, on the basis of which the electric fireplace and the rest of the furniture are selected.It is important to determine the size of the hearth, which will be combined with the size of the living room, for example, for a room of no more than 25 square meters. meters should pick a standard model up to 550 mm in width and not more than 600 mm in height.
For a living room in an apartment up to 18 sq. M. meters, pick up a corner fireplace or a small wall model, which does not require additional lining - it does not steal the extra space and allow the room to be transformed.
The classic design direction requires a lot of space and the choice of a large-sized fireplace, which can be decorated with stucco or columns with gold leaf or ornament. Marble or another kind of natural stone, wood or false elements are traditionally used to decorate the fireplace in a classic style to give a center of charm. In the "classic" are more often used fireplaces, as if recessed into a wall or located fireplaces with decorations along the whole wall and an open hearth.
Provence or country style does not require a large square and is quite suitable for a small living room, besides, the portal will be enough for facing a D-shaped portal.To create a style of "French County" enough small in size electric fireplace and a cozy sofa with an abundance of textiles and wall decorations.
To create an urban style, it is important to ensure its practicality and to decorate the electric fireplace with modern materials: metal, glass or plastic. Choose the simplest model with large functions and a minimum of details that allow you to create a practical and “not cluttered” interior in the living room of your house or apartment. The clarity of the forms distinguishes the high-tech style or the urban format of the living room and allows you to enjoy the functionality.
The loft style is characterized by the use of an artistic fireplace made of heat-resistant glass; a hanging fireplace model or a wall model that does not require installation is also suitable. The loft style is characterized by a large space with large windows and doors, as well as most walls in the style format have brick (real or decorative) masonry. This design will require a large metal fireplace, decorated with dark glossy glass without cladding.
Today, the loft style is especially relevant (if the room allows), and fireplaces in this interior style seem more unusual.An open fireplace, hanging on the wall, will be a good choice and an original element of the room, which will provide it with a warm and attractive and cozy place to gather guests. Place the "home" in the middle of the room, and around place comfortable furniture such as chairs or couches of various colors and shapes.
The fireplace built into the wall is an original solution for a bedroom or a living room in hi-tech or “loft” format, and in any other modern format. The built-in electric fire looks especially succinctly from clear glass, which allows you to watch the passionate tongues of the flame and enjoy its warmth. Pic 2
An interesting solution would be to install an open fireplace on a wall with transparent glass and thick, concise portals of white color against a gray wall. Strict forms of furniture will create an informal atmosphere, both business and cozy. Pic 3
Classic in the interior is not left unattended, and especially if it uses a fireplace. For a classic living room interior, the use of a built-in wall version of an electric fireplace and its lining with decorative moldings with stucco and gilding is typical. Pic 4