Shelves in the interior design of the living room
We have become accustomed to and know that instead of the huge Soviet wall that fills half of the living room, it is better to use shelves. It would seem that more interesting about them, we can learn. Let's get a look.
The most important feature is that it is impossible without them. In the closet for things - shelves, in the kitchen set for dishes - shelves, wherever you look - they are needed everywhere. It remains only to choose the most preferred option for yourself.
Shelves are distinguished by:
- form - from the classic rectangular or square to the most complex and uncomplicated, which the master can embody;
- color - the choice depends on the basic color palette of your interior;
- material - natural wood, plastic, glass, metal, and combinations of several materials;
- size - standard size range is available in stores. Shelves of individual sizes are made to order;
- purpose - to place books, souvenirs, clothes, shoes, paintings and other things.
Such a familiar piece of furniture has its own variations:
- open hinged (wall) shelves;
- closed hinged shelves;
- floor racks;
- modular shelves;
- built into the niche of drywall.
The location of such shelves depends on the ergonomics of the entire space and on the practical needs of the owners. For example, you can hang closed stylish glossy over the color of the wall, which can be filled with discs, USB - with wires and objects necessary for a TV or video player above the TV.
Closed shelves for such trifles are the most advantageous place, since now they will not create confusion and preserve the aesthetics of space.
Where to place?
Shelves are applicable absolutely in any room, they will always come to the place:
- Often purchased in the living room, where the main place of storage of books, decor items, work folders or documents. In a small room, preferably open shelves on the walls.You can hang them above the TV or in front of it above the sofa. Corner also save space, place them in a corner by the window or door.
- The children's room is a place where toys accumulate, the most advantageous option is open shelving, similar to the shelves from Ikea, there will be small boxes filled with toys and books. This is convenient in that it is not necessary to place toys all over the room, put them in a box - and put them in a rack.
The bedroom is an especially private space, and an open type of storage there serves to demonstrate the things dear to the heart. Brought souvenirs, personal photos, paintings.
- In the kitchen, open shelves are used to demonstrate the expensive set, as well as for spices that are constantly needed during cooking. This is convenient because you do not need to constantly open the cabinet and look for the right bag or jar there, all at your fingertips.
- The bathroom is often mounted built-in shelves for the placement of shampoos, gels and the like. Under the sink they keep clean towels. A closed use for chemical detergents and powders.
- In the corridor it is worthwhile to mount wall shelves near a mirror for storing handbags, hats or small things such as keys or glasses.Not to forget to take when leaving the house.
The design of your space is made up of a choice of wall decorations, materials, decor items and furniture. Shelves - one of the puzzles in your interior. They should harmoniously fit into the overall picture of the room:
- For a classic design, choose a variant from natural wood. Shelves can be either built into niches (in this case, the placed objects will focus attention on themselves), or simply hung. Choose the color either in tone of the wall or in contrast, which will be combined with other furniture. For this style with the form it is better not to experiment, stop at the rectangular.
- Wall enclosures or glazed shelves fit well into the modern interior, they can be transparent, matte or patterned. Especially stylish, they will look backlit.
- Elements of natural wood, especially artificially aged, are welcome in country and high-tech styles. A simple form will emphasize the interior of these areas.
- For the Scandinavian style, choose the option of hinged open shelves, black and white posters placed on them or photos will give coziness and romance to the room.
- To provence, select the shelves of wood with openwork ornament or panel.
Tips for choosing
Do not litter open shelves. They serve for the demonstration of objects, so you should not put everything on them. It will be more competent to create decorative group of the subjects combined among themselves. It can be a vase with flowers, a pair of candles and a porcelain figurine, and the colors will be linked.
The same option can also be used for practical needs, for example, in the kitchen or in the bathroom. But the rule is the same - do not litter. In the kitchen, place different oils in glass bottles in the same style. Or spices in the same glass bubbles. It is interesting to look at the glass row of cereals. You can decorate and cookbooks.
The shelves above the sofa perfectly show the pictures, but be sure to put a few canvases, better if they are of different sizes. The same approach applies to personal photos. Arrange them in differently sized frames with a mat. A single style of decoration adds aesthetics and style to space.
In small rooms, leave your choice on shelves that are built into niches. In the living room is better to arrange against the wall with a TV. Closed also good for small rooms, they free the room from unnecessary items, thereby leaving room and "air".
The usual way to store books is classic shelving.They can be either behind the glass or open. But do not be afraid to experiment. Now it is very fashionable to place the library on the open shelves of the original form, for example, in the form of a ladder or a tree.
Decorating the shelves, use their entire area, place the objects not only in height, but also in depth. For example, a stack of books, and behind them a candlestick made of brass or a tall vase. In other words, use objects of various shapes and sizes.
Harmoniously arrange the objects will help the rule of the triangle - arrange similar or identical objects on the alleged vertices of the triangle. By the same principle it is possible to place objects in a conditional line. But the classical method of arranging identical objects in pairs remains relevant.
Distribute the weight of the object, put lighter on top and heavy objects on the bottom., it will visually relieve the space, in addition, will avoid the deformation of the furniture.
Select the material of the shelves, based on practical needs. Plastic is a cheap material, and there is no mold on it, but wood is safer in terms of breakage and cracks. Glass looks aesthetically pleasing, items placed on such shelves, as if floating in the air.
Choosing mounting for shelves, give preference to decorative types or hidden.
Beautiful options in the interior
Consider 25 beautiful examples of the use of shelves in the interior of different rooms:
- Bookshelves made of natural wood in the form of trees. An original idea for the living room or nursery.
- An interesting version of the bookshelf, the books are mounted directly on it.
- Corner shelves in the interior of the children's room.
- Step rack in the interior of the living room.
- Glass stepped shelves.
- A good example of space saving. Shelves around the doorway.
- Built-in shelves in the bathroom.
- The rack in the interior of the bathroom.
- Very pleasant combination of natural wood and white tile.
- A good example of built-in shelves in the living room, the emphasis on the objects exhibited.
- The same storage option, but with light, for a profitable demonstration of beautiful decorative elements.
- Another option is in the lounge around the tv group.
- Mixed storage option in the interior of the living room.
- Minimalism in the interior. Well in harmony with the open group in the glass and closed shelves.
- Shelves as an independent and high-grade item of decor.
- Pyramid rack in the interior of the living room.
- Open shelves in the interior of the kitchen, showing beautiful dishes.
- Library equipped around the window.
- Another example of a reading corner under the stairs.
- An example of decorating open shelves above the sofa in the interior of a modern living room.
- The unusual shape of the shelves above the sofa is in harmony with the yellow sofa and wooden furniture of the whole space.
- A similar stylish idea to design wall shelves behind a sofa.
- An example of an unusual attachment to a rope rope.
- When the mount serves decor.
- The original idea of the shelf is a drywall cloud.
To learn how to make bookshelves with your own hands in 5 minutes, see the next video.