Decorative fireplace - create home comfort
For most people, the house is associated with warmth and comfort, and for many the personification of this is a fireplace. And still the fireplace gives to an interior refinement, aristocracy and special charm. But, alas, even with a country house, a real fireplace is more a luxury than a necessity. What to say about the apartment in a high-rise building. Here the installation of this fireplace - from the realm of fantasy. Installing a fireplace in an apartment will require not only material costs, but also obtaining a large number of permits.
But people are creative, if there is a goal, then there are always opportunities to achieve it. In our case, the goal is to install a fireplace, and the solution could be the installation of a decorative fireplace.
Decorative fireplaces, they are also false fireplaces differ from real fireplaces in that they do not provide the main function of the fireplace - heating the room by burning solid fuel (coal, wood) with the removal of residual combustion products through the chimney.And if there is no need to build quite complex structures with a firebox, chimney, the use of refractory materials, then the cost of such a fireplace is much lower, coordination is not needed to install it, it is possible to perform it in any room, be it an apartment or an office. That is, decorative fireplaces have the following advantages:
They can be located on a very small area, which is possible even in a small apartment. Installation of such fireplaces does not require special skills, expensive materials and tools. They can be located in any convenient place. The choice of materials for their manufacture is very wide, down to the old furniture, which is a pity to throw away, and it takes a lot of space.
First of all, decorative fireplaces can be divided into two main groups:
With heating, which uses electricity or biofuels. The use of biofuels creates the possibility of heating with live fire, but is in no way connected with a chimney or pipe. Without heating, where the fireplace acts exclusively as a design element. Perfect for room decoration. Allows you to create an imitation, depending on the free space, can be both wide and narrow.Allows you to solve some problems of fixing the interior, making it unusual elements.
By location, decorative fireplaces can be divided into:
Structurally decorative fireplaces are:
- Just imitation of the fireplace as a portal with an empty insert that can be filled with decorative elements.
- With the use of electrical devices to create the effect of fire with the ability to simulate not only the fire, but also the sound effects of combustion.
Such fireplaces are used only to create a specific design of the room. They are completely unpretentious, occupy a minimally narrow space. To make such a fireplace even without special skills. And for the manufacture of such a fireplace can fit almost any available materials - wood, plywood, chipboard, drywall, gypsum, foam. Moreover, the creation of such a fireplace is also possible from completely unnecessary things and objects, such as old furniture (wardrobe, chest of drawers, table, backs of beds), cardboard boxes from large appliances (TV, fridge), cardboard or old wallpapers. The use of bricks is also possible, but for this it is necessary to take into account the ability of the wall to withstand such a construction.
The design and design of such a fireplace is not limited by anything except your imagination, space and performance possibilities. Here the main criteria will be the overall design of the room and its spatial capabilities.
Modern technologies make it possible to create a decorative fireplace with the execution of its main function - heating. As already mentioned, decorative fireplaces for heating use electricity or biofuels. Another version of the fireplace with gas heating is possible, but it requires a special permit and is considered explosive.
- Bio Fireplaces Such fireplaces use biofuels derived from plant elements. Have many options of execution: floor, suspended, built-in. Made in different sizes and designs. Can be supplemented with control systems of burning intensity and temporary.
- Electronic fireplaces. In such fireplaces, electricity acts as a heater, which allows them to be used without restrictions in any premises where there is access to an electrical outlet. And new technologies make it possible to recreate the full illusion of open fire.With LEDs and LCD screens. They can be controlled remotely and create not only the visual image of fire, but also the sound of firewood burning.
Create your own hands
With the help of a decorative fireplace you can not only decorate a room, but also hide in it some details that you don’t like. For example, close the old radiator, avoiding the high costs of replacing it.
We see not very pleasing to the eye the old radiator. With the help of step by step instructions, you can cover it with a decorative fireplace.
- Decorative fireplace will close it and decorate the interior of the room. The fireplace will be made of plywood. It is worth starting with choosing a fireplace design and drawing up drawings. It is easier to choose on the basis of real fireplaces, it is easier to choose the design, schemes and method of finishing.
- The next step will be the preparation of parts of the hull and frame. It will not be superfluous to make spare parts for the case immediately, so that if necessary, you can easily replace the worn out ones. The frame is the easiest to make of wooden timber.
- Then sheathe the body with plywood. It is preferable to use screws for fastening, because if there are nails inside, the nails may not provide a secure connection.
- Attach an imitation of a firebox on the back bar, and glue the outer part of the portal with self-adhesive film, you can use wallpaper with the selected pattern. Gently glue all the corners of the portal.
- The design will be easy, removable without fastening to the wall. To arrange a radiator, we use a metal tray filled with stones, small logs or another one chosen by you as a filler.
- For decoration, you can make a fireplace grate made of copper or aluminum wire, painted with bronze paint. The grille is attached to the body.
- Also, a continuation of the podium, you can close the pipe.
- Under the mantelpiece you will get a nice bar.
- the result was a very realistic fireplace, which covered the old unsightly radiator and added room comfort.
How to finish
If you are attracted by the option of a decorative fireplace with your own hands, then the option of finishing it will depend on your imagination and capabilities. An excellent option to finish with the introduction of minimalism in the design of the aristocracy will be decorative plaster.
A fireplace decorated with marble and well decorated with stucco molding will fit well into the classic interior.
For a room made in the style of "country" is very suitable very unassuming version of the film or wallpaper with imitation brickwork.
In the presence of a solid wall and fireplace design it is possible to use ceramic tiles under tiles or decorative artificial stone. It will also be convenient to use a new material for decoration - a flexible stone. The colors of this material will make it possible to create a fireplace in the design of marble, granite or expensive jasper and malachite.
It is important to remember that if you plan to use heating appliances or candles in the firebox of a decorative fireplace, then the finishing should be made of heat-resistant materials.
How to make
As well as the finish, the decoration is completely dependent on imagination and the desire to achieve a certain effect.
When decorating the fireplace, you can use a variety of decor items. In order to bring the image closer to the real fireplace, you can use logs, both real and made from corrugated cardboard. To create the illusion of a living flame, LED backlights are used in white, yellow and red colors.
A good option to decorate a mirror can be attached to the back wall of the furnace. It will allow you to expand the space, and if there is a backlight, it will increase the effect of fire in the firebox.
An unusual and beautiful option would be the design of the fireplace with the help of candles of various sizes, color forms, located in the furnace. Candles will burn with real live fire, which will bring an atmosphere of romance and comfort to the interior. Such type of a decorative fireplace received the name candle.
The presence of a decorative fireplace will make it possible to add additional festive details in the New Year's decoration of the room.
Here you can use a variety of Christmas decorations, placing them both on the fireplace portal and next to it.
In general, decorating an ornamental fireplace will make a variety of approaches, depending on the taste of the owners. Someone may prefer ceramic parts, someone will like glossy pebbles, for others fireplaces with cats will be an ideal option.
A real firewood basket, located next to it, can be brought closer to a real fireplace, with firewood, a stand for the poker and the poker itself, a fence.
There are many options for using a decorative fireplace not only as an element of design, but also performing certain functions - a shelf for a TV, a bookshelf, a bar.
Once there is already a fireplace portal, you can start creating a hearth and there are also several options here when it will please as close as possible to the real fire, giving the room an atmosphere of comfort and convenience.
- A good option to create an image of fire in the fire can be a liquid crystal screen placed in the furnace. It is enough to connect to it a roller simulating a fire with the sound effect of crackling logs and the effect will delight you.
- The use of volumetric holograms can also be a suitable way to revive your fireplace with real fire. To do this, place the picture in 3D in the firebox, fix it so that the edges are not visible, arrange it with flickering LED lamps and enjoy such fire.
- But most accurately reproduce the fire in the fireplace using a steam generator. This small design, consisting of a fan, ultrasonic mist generators, an LED lamp,and distilled water in a suitable container, will decorate your hearth with almost indistinguishable from the real sparkles and modulations of fire.
- There is also a useful version of the imitation of fire with salt lamps. These are ordinary incandescent bulbs placed in a lampshade made from a whole salt crystal. When heated, the salt emits beneficial negative ions, neutralizing harmful positive, as well as tobacco smoke. All this has a beneficial effect on people's health. If you choose a salt lamp in the form of crystals, then illuminated from the inside, it looks like burning coals.
How much is
The price of decorative fireplaces is in a wide range from several thousand rubles to several thousand dollars. The price range will depend on the design of the fireplace, the material from which it is made, the functionality and the manufacturer.
If you do not take into account the most budget option, when you independently make a fireplace and the cost is determined only by the required materials, then electrofireplaces are inexpensive.
Taking into account the choice of a reliable manufacturer, electrofireplaces will cost from 9000-10000 rubles for a regular corner fireplace, up to 18000-20000 rubles in a wall-mounted version.
Will have an impact on the cost and availability of sound and visual effects, remote control of the fireplace, adding to the price a few thousand more. Portals are sold separately for decorative fireplaces, but their cost is quite high and can exceed the cost of the electric fireplace itself, reaching 22,000 rubles.
An expensive option are biofireplaces. The price for them starts from 10,000 rubles.
Thus, it is still the most advantageous option to make a decorative fireplace yourself.
- Original decorative corner fireplace from foam blocks.
- Candlem Plaster Fireplace
- Decorative fireplace with New Year's decoration
- The wonderful transformation of the old wardrobe into a cozy fireplace using a mirror in the firebox.
- Decorative fireplace with steam generator built into the furnace
- Decorative fireplace with hologram of fire
- Imitation of fire in a decorative fireplace with the help of the video.
- Decorating a decorative fireplace with flowers