Cassette type fireplace is an indispensable device for those who need maximum comfort and aesthetic side of the issue. It is rare to find a country house without a cassette fireplace, because this product is considered to be the most effective means for heating with wood. It is relatively easy to operate and does not cause much trouble during installation.
The basis of the cassette fireplace design is a metal sheath, inside of which there is a fire chamber (this is the cassette) made of steel or cast iron, as well as a glass door. The firebox and the shell must necessarily share the airspace. This is necessary so that the external part of the device does not transfer heat from the firebox.
The glass door provides the highest rate of efficiency - as much as ninety percent. It prevents air from escaping through the chimney. The door is equipped with small special openings, due to which exactly as much air as necessary is needed for the wood to burn.
There are several types of cassettes.To select the most appropriate device, you need to familiarize yourself with the differences.
- An open cassette-type fireplace has only one advantage - it rapidly reaches the desired temperature, but after turning it off it will not be able to provide a room with heat for a long time. To compensate for this drawback, some people go to the trick and complement the design with a brick shield. Brick will keep warm.
- The closed version of the fireplace will not upset you with such a significant drawback. Steel with refractory ceramics is used to create the unit, therefore, even having turned off the device, you will enjoy the energy emanating from it.
Cassettes differ in two more parameters: for continuous operation and periodic.
The glass door can have a different shape - rectangular, prismatic or semicircular. The choice of the door is a matter of taste, because this characteristic has no effect on the quality of work.
What cassette fireplaces attract every second owner of a cottage or a country house?
- Not only practicality is important, but also beauty.Cassette-type fireplace allows you to create a truly magnificent interior design - the design of the device looks universally, the range of availability of models is extremely large, so everyone has the opportunity to choose an option for the soul. Minimalism, baroque, classic and even hi-tech - all these stylistic directions can be embodied with cassette fireplaces.
- The device is available even for those who live in high-rise apartments on the top floors. This allows norms SNIP. Cassette fireplace is safe, can not cause a fire.
- The cassette is amenable to facing different materials. Use of an artificial stone and wood is allowed.
- If desired, you can give the cassette the functions of the boiler. It is only necessary to attach a tank to it, which will play the role of a certain battery that provides heat to the battery.
- A big advantage is the chimney. It reduces the intensity of excretion of combustion products several times.
Principle of operation
The algorithm of action of a cassette fireplace is simple.
The cassette and the air is heated by fire.
At first, the air is localized in the center of the device, and then begins to move through the channels, which are attached to the outer part of the frame.So heat gets into the room.
The number of channels may be different, it all depends on the wishes of the owner and the type of fireplace. If necessary, allows instant overlap of the channel.
When the distribution of heat through the rooms comes to an end, the firebox refills with fresh air. It enters the metal box through the holes located on the lower portions of the side walls of the frame.
How to install
This stage of installing a cassette fireplace scares many beginners, but it's not as difficult as it seems. You only need to carefully study the installation rules.
First you need to dismantle the flooring. It is forbidden to install the fireplace on the floor covered with laminate, parquet or wood. Suitable solely concrete base. The same procedure is carried out with an adjacent wall. Concrete flooring needs thorough cleaning from loose cement. If there are potholes and cracks, they will have to be primed with cement mortar.
Next, you need to place a waterproof membrane and pour leveling screed, the thickness of which should not be less than fifteen millimeters.
The wall is covered with a heat insulating layer, the installation of which is carried out from the bottom to the ceiling. The recommended material is mineral wool. For fixing fit metal profile, dowels and screws.
If you plan to connect the pipe with a pre-prepared chimney, it must be properly cleaned.
For laying pedestal provides any materials. The main condition - they must be durable. The most common options are aerated concrete blocks, bricks, natural stones.
What does the styling algorithm consist of?
- Lay out a pedestal in three rows.
- In the center make a camera reaching the wall.
- Place the intersection of the chamber with the wall with the holes necessary for the entry of cold air. The diameter of the holes is determined by the type of cassette fireplace. Parameters can be found in the technical documentation.
- If you want the pedestal to be larger than the cassette fireplace itself, you need to decorate the protruding elements with slabs of stone.
- It remains only to apply the plaster, level it and put an iron sheet.
Facing the firebox
Consider that the weight of a metal cassette fireplace is beyond the limits - alone you will not be able to place it. If you have no partners, use the simple method - put wooden blocks on an iron sheet. This will help set and align the structure.
- It is necessary to insert the heating device taking into account the fact that there was a certain distance between its rear part and the wall, indicated in the same technical documentation.
- The walls of brick material are installed on both sides of the cassette.
- At the top of the walls and above the glass door should be a stone cornice.
Chimney and air duct
When the installation of the fireplace is nearing the finish line, it is time to install the chimney and duct. The pipe with the function of heat insulation is placed on the smoke hole of the cassette fireplace. It is securely fixed cuffs and clutch, and then carried out in the ceiling and through the roof. Chimney is ready!
With air ducts still easier. It is necessary to connect it to the holes located on the external frame of the device. Each duct is displayed in a specific room.
The last step is to create a hood. The easiest way to make it out of plasterboard material.From the metal profile form a frame. The parts are connected with screws. Insulation must be fixed on the inside of the frame.
Drywall is cut with a regular hacksaw. In the drywall and insulating part will need to cut out the holes for ventilation and inspection windows. Air ducts join ventilation, then lattices are put. Joints of gypsum plasterboard sheets are covered with a putty.
Now it remains only to paint the hood.
Primero Monoliti Tarnava
Cassette fireplaces with air ducts from the Polish company Primero Monoliti Tarnava are very popular. The company guarantees a full ten years warranty, but in fact the fireplaces serve several times longer.
Primero firebox perfectly fit into a modern interior. Connoisseurs of aesthetics will certainly appreciate the attractive cassette fireplaces. For the development of models, the company uses only the highest quality cast iron, and the highlight of the creation is a special sand casting technology.
Cassette type fireplaces from the Polish manufacturer meet all requirements. The devices will help you create a unique cozy atmosphere of the home. Even on a dank winter day, you can enjoy the warmth.
Owners of country houses come to the delight of cassette fireplaces. Reviews purely positive. Cassette type fireplaces are easy to operate and boast a wonderful appearance.