The popularity of fireplaces is now so high that almost everyone wants to have it at home. Most people choose a round fireplace for their home. It does not matter where you live - in an apartment or in your own house, you can build a fireplace anywhere. For a long time, only the main purpose has changed: if before the fireplace was given the place of a family hearth that heated the room, now the building serves only as an addition to the interior.
What? Where? When?
The first fireplace in the shape of a circle appeared before the Second World War - in 1935. His unusual smooth features attracted great attention. The popularity of this unusual design does not decrease to the present. The designer of the round fireplace was the famous Englishman Frank Lloyd Wright, who was fond of interior brutalism.
The very first round fireplace still exists and is located in the home of the popular musician Timothy McCord.
Currently, the choice of round fireplaces is very diverse and everyone can find something special for their interior.At the peak of popularity are brutal and concise models with a polished metal finish. Such models are chosen by people whose home interior is made in a strict and minimalist style.
Round fireplaces have a variety of variations, here are just the main ones:
- Island circular fireplace. It is distinguished by the presence of an unusual steel and glass suspended chimney.
- Fireplaces in the shape of a circle, decorated with intricate carvings.
- Fireplaces made by the type of wheel.
- Wall and wall fireplace that can run on biofuels.
- Country fireplace.
- Mobile fireplace in the shape of a ball.
Absolutely all types of round fireplace are both part of the interior, and a first-class source of heat. Some models are even capable of heating up to several rooms at the same time.
What are they?
Round fireplaces are rather difficult to call simple. Perhaps that is why round shapes of home hearth attract buyers. The variety of round fireplaces is so great that it is not difficult to choose a fireplace even to the original interior itself.
- Metal fireplaces in a restrained minimalist style.
- Fireplaces decorated with colored marble.Such designs have smooth lines and soft contours. Ideal for classic and country interiors.
- Fireplaces from ceramics, decorated with stucco. Ideal for a living room with soft furniture in pastel colors.
- Semicircular foci. They are often decorated with a variety of tiles. Such facilities can often be seen in a small cozy living room or in the country.
Fireplaces are also distinguished by the method of heating:
- There are wood fireplaces, the main fuel of which are firewood. Such options are more suitable for cottages and cozy country houses.
- Gas fireplaces are very original in terms of heating, but very restrained in appearance.
- Electrofireplace. This option is most suitable for installation in the apartment. Such facilities are simple and inexpensive in terms of installation. However, with it you will not see the real fire.
- Bio Fireplaces This special type of fireplace is the embodiment of new technologies. Such a fireplace does not require the installation of a chimney, since special fuel does not emit smoke, and does not leave ashes and soot.
Fire is the main source of heat. The presence of the hearth always brought comfort and warmth to the house, so it is important to choose the right place for its location.Many people prefer to put a fireplace in the corner, but this place is not very good in terms of heating, and the wise science of feng shui rejects this option altogether. Any fireplace, especially a round one, is better placed in the center of the largest room. Thus, the stylish construction can be viewed from all sides, and it will be much faster to heat the room. Looks very well island fireplace, located in the middle of the room.
First of all, the installation of a fireplace should take into account the design of both the foundation and the whole room, since fireplaces often have large volumes and weights, and not every house or apartment can withstand such a load. When installing a fireplace in a house in which there was no such structure before, consider:
- The construction of the base of the place where the fireplace will be placed;
- Dimensions of fire retreats and sections;
- Dimensions smoke exhaust design; It is very important that the chimney comes out in a suitable place for this, so that the smoke from the fireplace does not cause discomfort to anyone.
- The area of the room.
Some interesting points:
- It is not recommended to install a fireplace opposite the door.
- It is undesirable to have a fireplace, both in the nursery and in the bedroom for adults.
- Fire and water should not coexist, so the fireplace should not stand next to the water supply.
It’s impossible to say right away how much a round fireplace costs. The price depends on many factors, such as materials and manufacturer. On this basis, the cost of the fireplace is divided into several categories.
These include inexpensive, both domestic and some foreign fireplaces (CIS countries) of good quality. Here prices vary, but do not exceed 100 thousand rubles.
These include higher quality foci manufactured in Europe. Prices are relatively low for well-made goods: 100 - 300 thousand. These include a semi-circular fireplace with a water jacket.
These include designer fireplaces, which are made in a variety of styles from all kinds of materials and only the best. The price of a designer fireplace can sometimes be very high. Individual facilities can cost as much as 500 thousand, and a million rubles. This category includes a round hanging rotary fireplace.
This category includes fireplaces made in individual versions, as well as structures that are made to order according to original sketches. The prices of such outbreaks are not limited.
With a great desire, you can choose absolutely any fireplace as a heater and decoration of your interior. It can be either a round fireplace located in the center or a hearth that can even be hung on the wall. It all depends on you.