Once a fireplace with a living fire was a luxury item and only the owner of his own house could have it. In addition, a home with tongues of flame required a lot of effort in installation and further maintenance: installing the exhaust pipe, finding additional space for storing firewood and time to kindle a fireplace and keep it warm. Modern reality literally forced the manufacturers of fireplaces to create an instance that would be easy to install and operate, and today we know this “miracle of technology” called the bio fireplace.
A biofireplace, or the eco version of the fireplace, is a true model of a hearth with a real flame that burns behind heat-resistant glass partitions. For ecocamina used biologically pure fuel - alcohol, or ethanol, which when burned does not form harmful emissions and is safe for health.
Let's talk about the main advantages of biofuel fireplaces and how the modern system works.
- To begin with, a bio fireplace is a version of a home fireplace with live fire that “plays” in a glass space, which ensures safety for people around you (especially children and animals) and furniture.
- Installing biofireplace - a mere trifle compared to the "wood" of its version. For ekokamina do not need to build a smoke exhaust system.
- Fuel for the fireplace is used biologically pure liquid fuel - an alcohol that burns without residue and does not harm the health of others. The combustion temperature of the fuel is low, and the evaporation of carbon dioxide is so small that it allows an ordinary candle to be considered a more dangerous source of heat.
- Fuel for the fireplace is commercially available, and for its storage it is not necessary to allocate a separate room (for example, as with firewood).
- A large variety of models of ekokaminov allows you to create such an interior, which you have long dreamed of. Individual models of foci are selected in accordance with the design of the room where the fireplace will be located.
- Using a bio fireplace does not imply soot or dirt.
- Such fireplaces are available at their cost.
- A fireplace without a chimney is an excellent source of heat.
- And most importantly, perhaps, their advantage lies in the fact that a bio-fireplace can be easily installed in your own, even not too large apartment.
Device and principle of operation
It is interesting how biofireplace works: how to fill and fuel fuel? How to install it and how to properly complete its work?
The basic structure, or composition, of the bio fireplace is a hearth with a heating unit and a burner, the latter is filled with biofuel. The traditional material of which the heating unit is made is stainless steel; Among the elements of the fireplace, it is worth noting the area of combustion (the same firebox in wood models of the fireplace) and a special cover, thanks to which you can put out the fire.
As the main fuel for the fireplace, it is worth using an e-alcohol, the usual one will not work because it does not give the effect of a real live flame and can harm the work of the structure. There are liquid and gel texture biofuels, which have their own advantages and allow the burner to work as long as possible. Fireplace fuel consists essentially of safe alcohol.
Installing a fireplace is a simple matter. If your home is a "free" format, then just put it in any place you like in the house. If the fireplace wall, then use the bracket (it comes in a set with a fireplace) and install the model on the wall.
To ignite a biofireplace, it is worth pouring fuel into its burner and using an ordinary lighter; in the first few minutes, the flame will flare up and acquire a more saturated structure and shade. Usually biofireplace continues to burn for 5-6 hours and goes out independently; if you need to put out the fire before it burns out, use the flame arrester.
It is amazing how economical the fuel consumption of a biofireplace is: there is enough fuel of one fill for a period of up to 6 hours of its work (this time varies depending on the model and its size). Fuel is stored in canisters of various volumes. With frequent use of the fireplace enough fuel for long
There are several types of biofireplaces depending on the method of their installation and appearance:
Island or outdoor biofireplaces are convenient because they do not pipe installations; It is enough to install the device on the chosen place directly on the floor.Room biofireplace simply move from place to place or provide him with a single point of location;
By the way, the base of such fireplaces is different: metal, glass, stone or other.
Built-in biofireplaces have a frame that is installed in the wall, and a block for fuel of various sizes. Such a fireplace is designed at the stage of rough finishing, which allows to allocate enough space for it;
The installation of the fireplace takes place in a prepared niche, the depth of which should not be less than 20 cm. The built-in biofireplace can be decorated with additional natural stone or any other material that will give the interior a complete look.
Corner biofireplaces Allow to brighten up an unattended corner of your home and provide an excellent heat source. Fireplace for home corner can be floor or requiring installation on the bracket.
Suspended biofireplaces - an excellent way to save space in the house and at the same time have an amazingly designed fireplace. By their weight, they are much lighter than floor or built-in counterparts, which allows you to install an unusual design on the wall or ceiling.
By the way, the design of hanging fireplaces is rather close to the high-tech style, not to the classics, so it would be appropriate to install such a home interior item in the living room or bedroom of a modern format.
There are closed, open and combined models of biofireplace, which is attached to the ceiling. An open or combined type allows you to enjoy an open flame that “plays” in a glass or metal bowl of the “hearth” and gives you valuable warmth.
Desktop biofireplaces They are miniatures of the hearth with fiery tongues, which are so easy to put on a working or dining table. Mini-fireplace is convenient because it does not require installation and is very economical.
- If you choose a built-in or floor model and expect from them the longest service life, pay attention to the thickness of the walls of the structure and the fuel tank - the thicker these structures are, the longer the fireplace will serve.
- To create an interior in the classic style or fashionable direction "Provence", choose a built-in model or floor structure with the possibility of lining with natural stone or other natural material.This will create a unique and stylish interior with a safe fireplace that will resemble a real "home".
- Is your interior modern or minimalist? Stop focusing on biofireplace pendant models or those that do not require installation.
- Do you want to save valuable space? Take into account the vertical biofireplace - a slender, elegant design that does not take up much space in your living room, or stop the choice on a hanging model with open fire.
- You dream to create an interior in ethnic style with a fireplace: choose a low version of the hearth and low seats opposite (the ideal choice is floor fluffy pillows).
- For the interior in your own house, by the type of “village life”, choose a model of an ecocamina with an untreated design or create it yourself by lining the “hearth” with a natural, uncured stone.
- Bio-fireplace fuel is ethyl alcohol, it can have aroma additives that will provide your home with new and favorite smells.
Reviews of biofireplaces are exceptionally good and positive; consumers especially note the availability of ecological models of the “hearth” and their safety in the conditions of an apartment or a private house.Particularly bold decorators choose suspended bio-fireplaces for their clients - an ideal piece of furniture that provides warmth and gives an unusually attractive appearance to space.
Reviews of biofireplaces allow you to choose a decent model for themselves on the basis of price-quality; You can leave your choice on domestic or foreign-made models, having familiarized yourself with the “experience” of other homeowners in the network. Consumers appreciate the ability to store fuel in small packages; moreover, it is safe during the burning of the fireplace and does not cause irritation to others.
Do it yourself
Independently create a biofireplace is quite realistic, it is only necessary to comply with the points of the plan and have patience.
The easiest way is to build a desktop version of a biofireplace, which will require glass, a glass cutter, a sealant for gluing, a base (metal) and a net, a container for biofuel, material for a future wick and decorative elements. For a start it is worth creating a base made of metal, it is possible to take a metal baking sheet for kebabs for it, then take a glass made of metal where fuel will be stored, finally take a cache-pot or a slightly larger capacity that will serve as a fuel block.
Now create a biofireplace screen of glass elements - glue them together and build a rectangular structure on top of the base. It is necessary to place a grid on the base, under which the fuel unit will be located, and at the top - heat resistant stones for decorations or other non-hot items. The fireplace is ready.
To create a floor fireplace, the plan is the same, just the dimensions of the structure will be larger, and more material is needed. Floor fireplace can be decorated with additional stone or other natural or industrial material to your taste.