How to beat the fireplace in the interior?
It is considered that a fireplace is a luxury item in a house or apartment. However, this is not quite true. Fireplace makes the atmosphere in the room more warm and cozy. He, of course, is the central composition of any interior.
There are several types of fireplaces that are used in the design of home interior. Consider the main ones that are present in design projects in recent years.
- Trilateral. Such a name he received by chance. This design is a review view of the hearth. The trilateral fireplace will perfectly warm not one room in the house or the apartment. The considered model of the fireplace has its own characteristics in the design. Required is the presence of three glasses. Looks stylish and option when it is possible to open all the doors. For the safety of family members on many models of this type there are doors with a lock.In this design, the side walls are made of refractory glass. This provides additional security during operation of the fireplace.
It is mounted in a special niche. Due to this reception, designers have more opportunities to create unique and unique interiors. The downside is that it will not be able to heat a fairly spacious room. Due to the presence of only one reflective surface, most of the heat is deposited on the glass.
- Built. The model built into the wall implies a hidden main part in which the furnace niche and the chimney are located. This option is perfect for a small room. There is a fireplace model that is built into the furniture. Such a placement model is extremely rare. As a rule, he plays a decorative role. The main advantage of such a fireplace is space saving. However, when installing this fireplace still need a place. Some manufacturers have suggested a way out. They began to produce models with double-sided furnace. Many consumers liked this option. Buying one model, they can enjoy the view and heat two rooms at once.
The wall in which the fireplace will be installed must be at least sixty centimeters thick.It must also withstand high temperatures. In wood fireplaces, for example, the temperature can reach six hundred degrees.
- Falshkamina. As a rule, such pseudokamina is made of gypsum cardboard. Even to build it yourself will not be difficult. The obvious advantages of such a model is that this fireplace can be installed in the apartment and for this purpose no special permitting documents are needed. A fireplace made of plasterboard can be of various shapes and designs, which will allow it to look harmoniously in any interior.
To create a pseudo fireplace, ordinary materials are used, which are sold in large quantities at any hardware store. Such type of a fireplace rather safe as there is no source of naked flame. This is a fairly budget option, which, if desired, can afford many. To imitate a flame, an electric fireplace is often installed.
Many designers advise not to screw the design to the wall. This technique will allow you to move the fireplace around the apartment or take it to the pantry. There are three subspecies of such pseudo-fireplace. From the drywall make a portal or a niche, inside of which there is an electric fireplace.The second option can be a fireplace, which completely simulates a heating device, but only externally. Or the third option, which only in the presence of great imagination can resemble a real fireplace.
The design of drywall can be placed in the front or in the corner of the room. For a large room, it is better to make a false-size life-size. In a small room, experts recommend placing a fireplace in the corner. So the effect of the illusion will remain that the fireplace takes up little space. Do not install a fireplace near the battery or too close to the door.
- Hinged. It is not always the purpose of the fireplace to warm the room. Modern requirements and models are often the subject of aesthetic pleasure and design skills. Often, the owner of an apartment or a country house is not possible to install a bulky model of the fireplace. In most cases, it will be much more appropriate to place a model of a hinged fireplace. This model fits a lot of design decisions. It is the best option for small rooms.
Some types of hanging fireplaces may look like paintings or be embedded in a wall.This option is lightweight and compact, which in some situations is a big plus in front of bulky and heavy models. These fireplaces are usually powered by electricity and biofuels. Due to this, there is absolutely no need to equip the room with a chimney and a special ventilation system.
The wall-mounted fireplace is very easy to maintain, and for its operation it is enough to have a nearby electrical outlet. It does not create soot or soot, and therefore requires only periodic wet cleaning. This design can be set even independently, which is another big plus. The hinged fireplace can be square, round or rectangular. Basically, such models are made of glass, drywall, metal or polyurethane. By the type of fuel used, they are divided into electric, bio-fireplaces or fake. Many may decide that this design has little to do with the fireplace, but this model also has a right to exist.
- Electronic. The similar model of a fireplace is one of the most popular today. It is easy to install in an apartment or a country house.It is quite easy to use, you need quite a bit of energy, it looks beautiful and warms the room. The construction of plastic firewood and a fabric cut imitating fire may seem like a fairly simple option, but this composition looks very impressive. Another electronic fireplace device is a reflector. Due to the special backlighting, a glare effect is obtained which creates the effect of a burning flame. Modern models of such fireplaces have a more complex device and can even provide sound, resembling the crackle of the fireplace.
There are options with a thermostat, as it changes the temperature in the room, it turns it on or off. It is great for apartment buildings. Electronic fireplace is absolutely silent and for its operation does not need a chimney and firewood. Such a fireplace can warm a standard living room in just thirty minutes. Such a fireplace looks like a stylish and interesting design element. If you create a tab from an artificial stone and place an electronic fireplace there, you will get an excellent imitation of a real fireplace.
- Bilateral. The fireplace will look great in the spacious living room and adjacent rooms. Most owners are afraid to purchase this type of fireplace. They believe that a bilateral fireplace will take a lot of space in the apartment. This opinion is wrong. The fireplace takes exactly the same place as the one-sided version. In addition, with its construction there is a significant budget savings. Since there is no need for another model for the next room.
Many owners choose a pass-through version of such a fireplace. The disadvantage of this option is that a through fireplace cannot warm a room well, unlike a conventional model or a two-sided brick fireplace. Of course, such a fireplace is an unusual design, but when using it you need to remember about some of the features of its operation.
A double-sided fireplace during its operation cannot be left unattended. Manufacturers prohibit opening both doors. This can lead to burning firewood on the floor or, due to the return thrust, unpleasant smell and smoke can flow into the room.
When installing such a fireplace, it is important to observe safety techniques around the space around.The floor around it is better to lay out non-combustible materials, such as tiles. As a result, we can conclude about the advantages of this model. By installing one fireplace, you can create the effect of having two fireplaces in different rooms. The pig-iron fire chamber at the expense of modern technologies can fit into any interior. When installing the firebox in a drywall duct, there are more opportunities for decorating its facade.
It is important to follow strict technical specifications and operating rules. Additional installation of necessary details will be required. The fireplace is decorative and will not be able to warm the room well. For such a model should be carefully monitored in terms of cleaning. Due to the fact that the glass double-sided fireplace does not have a blower, they will settle a large amount of burning.
- Tile. In our country, such fireplaces received recognition only in the seventeenth century. The estates and estates of the nobles shook the beauty of tile fireplaces. This type of decoration can be counted among the works of art. Currently, the demand for such fireplaces is growing exponentially. The presence of such a fireplace creates a feeling of warmth, a fusion of modernity and old traditions, and also forms a unique look of the interior. Tiles are a specific type of pottery.
The Russian models often use Suzdal and Dutch version of the painting of tiles. In the decoration of the fireplace they are used in various configurations. This model has quite a lot of advantages. He retains heat longer in the room than the marble. Saves fuel during heating and for many years can maintain its attractive appearance.
- Central. This type of fireplace is also called island. As the name implies, such a fireplace is located in the center of the room. Manufacturers claim that the fireplace is a kind of island or stronghold around which all family members can gather.
The difference of this type of fireplace from others is the need for a large area. According to the technical requirements, there should be a platform with a diameter of at least one meter around such a fireplace, to prevent the premises from igniting. This fireplace is quite impressive size. Experts recommend installing similar models in a room of thirty or more square meters. If the structure weighs more than half a ton, then an additional foundation is needed for reinforcement. The presence of such a fireplace in the house requires compliance with safety.The fire in this design is in the open availability and possibly falling burning elements outside the fireplace.
- Semicircular. You can find both stationary and bulky samples, as well as small glass options for small rooms. As a rule, such models can be divided into three types: insular, built-in and near-wall. Wood-burning semi-circular fireplaces can heat several rooms. Popular are also models of electric fireplaces with semi-circular glass.
- Fireplace-stove. This option is perfect for gardeners who love to leave for their sites in early spring and return in late autumn. The metal stove is an excellent and budget option for summer residents. Modern models of such a stove can act as both an additional and main source of heat.
Such a fireplace is easy to install in an already built and renovated house. The potbelly stove does not demand installation of the additional base. The cast iron surface can act as a cooking surface on which it is easy to cook simple food. The design of a modern stove is so diversethat even the most demanding consumer will be able to find a suitable option.
- Mini. This fireplace will be an excellent option for heating and decorating a small country house or cottage. This is a great alternative to stationary models.
- Vertical. Modern fireplace design. Unlike the classic version, it implies a vertical direction of the firebox. Due to this design, the height of the fireplace is greater than the width. The vision of fire is maximized in height.
- French. This fireplace will emphasize the presence of taste from their owners and will be the pearl of any interior. For the construction of such a fireplace, natural materials are used, for example, granite and marble. Such a fireplace can be made of onyx. A distinctive feature of the fireplace is handmade lacework stucco. It is white, beige or black.
There are other options for fireplaces, we looked at the most popular models.
- In the loggia. Fireplace can decorate even the most simple and tasteless room. Placing a fireplace on the loggia will allow turning it into a recreation area. Having placed a fireplace and small armchairs with indoor flowers, the balcony can easily be turned into a small living room. This technique is very relevant for small apartments.
- Living room. Placing a fireplace can be both in the center of the room and in the corner. It all depends on the ideas of the designer and the size of the apartment. In addition, the living room is a gathering place for the whole family.
- Cabinet. Oak and massive furniture, shelves of books in leather bindings and a fireplace. An integral attribute of the stability and success of its owner. For cabinets, decorated in a modern style, perfectly fit wall fireplaces.
- Canteen. If the size of the room allows, then many modern designers offer to install a three-sided fireplace in the dining room. For a classic interior is perfect model built-in fireplace.
- Small room. Of course, the alternative option for a small room would be a false fireplace or a wall-mounted electronic fireplace. Such options will not take up much space and will give even a small room warmth and comfort.
How beautiful to beat the fireplaces
The fireplace is not only a source of heat, but a whole concept in the interior. With its help, an unforgettable look is created in the house and, of course, one cannot do here without special accessories. The fireplace insert can be of different shapes and located both in the center of the room and in the corner.Beautifully complement the fireplace candles, candlesticks, paintings or a mirror on the opposite wall. Looks stylish when the staircase is located next to the fireplace, and there is a chair opposite it. It is great to sit in the evening in the chair opposite the fireplace with a cup of tea.
Christmas fireplace decorations are remembered by us from films since childhood. This decor creates a sense of celebration and wonderland. An elegant attribute next to a decorated fireplace is an elegant Christmas tree.
Styles in the interior
- Scandinavian. Winters in the Scandinavian countries are quite severe. Therefore, the direct purpose of the fireplace is to heat the room. Options for such fireplaces can be vertical, central, semi-circular and other options.
- High tech. In such an interior minimalist and cool tones looks great trilateral or wall-mounted fireplace.
- Loft. For such an interior fit an open fireplace or corner models.
- Provence. Fireplace in French design is an integral element. Against the backdrop of light furniture and an abundance of embroidery and ruche, the fireplace should be fairly simple in design.
- Country music. Warm shades and light colors in the interior do not attract much attention.The main goal of this interior is to create an atmosphere of warmth and comfort. For an apartment decorated in country style, an electric fireplace is well suited.
- Victorian. Antique and solid furniture, arched windows, the presence of ceiling moldings certainly distinguish this style from all others. Do not do in this interior and without a fireplace, decorated with natural materials.
- Neoclassicism. Exquisite interior with lots of stylish decor implies the presence of a fireplace in the living room. Certainly worth considering the classic version.
- English. A brick fireplace is quite simple in design, but so well suited for the English style. The simplicity of lines and functionality make the fireplace a source of additional heating and a central design element in the living room.
- Classic. To decorate the fireplace in a classic style using marble and the highest quality materials. A shelf element with antique candelabra placed on it will become an obligatory element of the decor.
- Art Deco. This style has gathered the best of various styles. This style implies the presence in the interior of expensive glass, genuine leather and fur.A fireplace in such an interior is an additional element of luxury and style.
Impressive interior designs
Any room design will play with special colors in the presence of a fireplace in it. There is a huge variety of types of fireplaces and stylistic techniques for their placement in the house. Perhaps the most impressive at all times is the interior of the hunting lodge. The abundance of wood, carved furniture and animal skins can not fail to impress.