Kitchen accessories on rails and attachments
In each kitchen it is necessary to ensure its functionality in order to facilitate the work of the hostess. It is the order in the "heart" of any home that allows you to feel comfortable and confident with the daily preparation of your favorite dishes. The railing system will become a “wand” for any kitchen: from spacious to modest, from classical to modern, because each of the cooking spaces needs order and aesthetic design - the hinged system with hooks and shelves perfectly copes with this task.
Railing is a metal pipe of different diameter and length, design, which is mounted in the wall and has a number of hooks: they are mounted on shelves or kitchen accessories. The location of the railing depends on the design of the kitchen, its layout and preferences of the hostess: the metal structure can be positioned horizontally (directly or with the letter G, P), vertically or hung from the ceiling.
Types of ratings
All rails are classified according to the method of installation: horizontal systems are considered to be traditional, which are attached to the kitchen wall with the help of power tools and accessories; hooks are hung on them in unlimited quantities, traditionally S-shaped. Universal horizontal rails can be single-tier or two-tier; Any of the types suitable for the interior of a kitchen, it is important to determine the feasibility of such a system and choose its location.
For a small kitchen, you should choose a two-tier rail system: it will allow you to arrange a larger number of hanging shelves and household items for the kitchen; however, be careful - do not “litter” the kitchen with such details.
The second type of roof rails is vertical: they are attached to the ceiling and floor at the same time. Vertical rails are usually combined with a bar, this design looks harmonious and acts as a functional detail in the interior; on it is a round shelf for glasses and bottles.
The last type of railing system is called the ceiling type of mounting - metal structures are mounted in the ceiling above the island kitchen:such a method is the only correct way to create additional storage on the “island” of space.
Kitchen fittings differ in the basic material used: most railing systems are made of aluminum - a modern, durable metal; there are rails of steel, brass, plastic. The shade of the roof rails is different: the metallic color is the classic color, then bronze, there are white and black suspended rails with a matte or glossy finish.
There is another type of classification of the railing system in the kitchen: there are rails with hooks already mounted, that is, they are put on the railing beforehand - before installing the system, the most common models of rails with S-hooks, which are easily supplemented during the kitchen operation period.
The railing system is traditionally installed above the kitchen surface: metal pipes are mounted along the whole surface or above a certain working area. Fixing the system is simple: mark in advance the desired length of the rod, pick up the design in the store (do not forget to buy plugs for pipes for aesthetics); mark the places where the system will be mounted and create small holes with a power tool.It remains to hang the rails and install plugs on their ends, hang hooks and open shelves, designs for towels, magazines, flower pots and kitchen utensils.
The rail system can be “played” by installing it not along the whole wall, but only in the working area of the table, stove or sink; By the way, you can try to install a two-tier structure in only one or a couple of parts of the kitchen area, leaving a few free spaces.
The correct location of the attachment system allows you to use all of its capabilities: position the railing 45-50 cm above the table top and 8-15 cm below the wall cabinet. Pay attention to how firmly fixed design.
What to hang on the railing?
What to fill railing, you ask? The answer is: use the open small shelves of stainless steel and put on them the necessary spices, spices, oils, sauces that you use most often; hang spoons, dishes and other accessories for cooking on attachments - you will get free access to each of them, while the kitchen will look harmonious and stylish.
The railing systems allow you to place the dishware: position the accessory above the sink or near it and be able to fold the washed dishes to a special installation, after the dishes have dried, feel free to put it in the closet. The imagination of the hostess in the organization of the kitchen space is limitless: allow yourself to arrange the kitchen utensils as you are comfortable.
Hooks for railings allow you to hang textiles for the kitchen: towels; place a couple of towels in the sink area.
Now let's talk about the features of the location of certain accessories on the suspension section.
- Metal and plastic accessories like ladles and ladles should be placed near the cooking surface, but not above it: during cooking and increasing the temperature, such utensils can be deformed or lose their visual appeal.
- Above a gas stove with an open fire, it is better to leave free space; over an electric or induction surface you can place a shelf with spices that you often use in cooking or a few tacks and towels.
- If you decide to place an open dish rack on the railing,it is better to place it closer to the sink and away from the kitchen stove so that clean dishes will remain so even during cooking.
- Install on the railing holder for disposable towels - this will allow you to quickly clean your hands or dry them. By the way, you can buy a special hanging stand for the cookbook and place it near the stove: then you can read the recipe and cook at the same time.
How to choose
- Choose a suspended structure in accordance with the design of your kitchen: for modern kitchen sets in the style of "modern" or "high-tech" fit metal products with a glossy or matte finish; for a classic kitchen or in the Provence format, focus on the bronze shade, white or black, in general, choose the one that fits with the accessories of your kitchen.
- The width of the railing is selected in accordance with the size of the kitchen set or less; By the way, there are projects where the rail system exceeds the length of the kitchen and this idea looks modern and functional.
- It is important that the metal system withstands all kitchen accessories on the rails and does not bend under their weight: look at the design specifications and select those that are suitable for your kitchen.
- Do not forget about the additional decoration of the kitchen, if it is appropriate for you. Suspended systems allow plants and flowers to be mounted right above the kitchen working surface - this will give the space even more comfort and aesthetics.
Shelves for rails
The most functional accessory for railing are hinged shelves of various sizes and shapes. Practical shelves in the kitchen are those that have a mesh bottom: moisture, getting inside, is freely removed from the shelf, unlike closed systems, where it can form a difficult to remove plaque.
Round mesh shelves are hung in the sink area and serve to store freshly washed accessories like knives, forks and spoons. Square designs with one, two or three levels are used to store detergents, spices and seasonings, dishes, napkins, and combinations of various kitchen items.
In addition, when installing a robust railing design and purchasing roomy shelves, you can install lightweight appliances such as a kettle or toaster, which will allow you to “unload” the working surface of the kitchen table.
Do not limit yourself to using the railing system only as a storage of jars with spices: place on one of the shelves a decorative element - a flower pot with artificial grass: it will refresh your kitchen.
If there are no wall cabinets in the kitchen, rationalize the free space: place two railing levels on it and enjoy their functionality.
Layout options for railings are so diverse that they allow you to show imagination in creating a practical and comfortable kitchen; The horizontal choice will be the horizontal placement of the system, but the matte coating of its elements will add originality to the image of the “heart” of the house.
The interior of a classic kitchen will not do without a hinged railings system of bronze or gold hue: choose the appropriate color for the design according to the tone of the rest of the furniture: the handles of the wall cabinet and the lower drawers.
Create a functional corner in your kitchen, themed, where only certain household items will be located, for example, dishes.
With a small kitchen space, use every inch of it as much as possible and allow the railing system to take a heavy load on yourself: hang onhook shelves in several floors to accommodate them all that is needed for comfortable cooking.