Layout kitchen area of 9 square. m with fridge
Nothing unites all family members as much as kitchen space. Beautiful, stylish and functional kitchen design makes your stay comfortable on it. For this, the space must be carefully planned and tastefully decorated.
Before the start of the repair, you need to make a kitchen project. It can be ordered from professional designers, who in the development process will take into account the planned budget for repairs, the customer’s wishes in terms of style and organization of the space, features of the room and existing communications. Based on these data, they will create a visualization and a technical rationale for the optimal layout and design of the future kitchen. If the kitchen space does not need a radical change, the layout can be done independently.
Pay attention to the basic rules when working on kitchen design.
Features of the area
Kitchen area of 9 sq.m. by modern standards is considered small. But when compared to kitchens 5-6 square meters. m, then we can say that it is where to turn. Here are possible options for placing the necessary furniture for the kitchen and equipment for design and style selection. This makes it possible to fully use the small kitchen space, to make it cozy and comfortable. The main thing in the planning of the kitchen area is the correct ergonomics of the space. There is a concept * working triangle *. The tops of this triangle are the places where the stove, the refrigerator and the sink should be located, and the distance between them should be 1.2-1.5 m. Since the location of the sink is tied to the location of the water lines, it can be determined according to the principle * of the working triangle * place for stove with fridge.
According to the configuration of the kitchen unit, the design options can be divided into three groups:
- Linear location. This is when the kitchen suite is located along one or two parallel walls. As a rule, it is used in the extended rooms.There is a kitchen set along one wall, the other has a dining area.
- Angular location. Very comfortable layout in terms of ergonomic workspace. The most popular option for kitchen premises with a small area. This arrangement frees up space for a full dining area.
- U-shaped location. It usually fits well when dining is planned outside the kitchen. This option has a large work area and there are additional places to store items.
The biggest item in the kitchen is the fridge. It is included in the * working triangle * of the kitchen space. When planning, one rule is obligatory - a kitchen set must begin or end with a refrigerator. This is necessary so that there is no visual overlap or clipping of part of the space. Designing the place of the refrigerator in the middle of the working area of the kitchen is uncomfortable and simply inappropriate. When combining a kitchen with an adjoining room, adjacent balcony or loggia, you can embody the design of the working area with the island.The suite is located along the wall in one of three options with a working island in the center. Thus we get an additional work surface and storage space.
The style decision of the kitchen area should correspond to the basic style of the living space. Any style will suit her - from classic to modern. Select the main ones:
- Elegant classics for lovers of warm, cozy and aristocratic style. Soft, pastel shades in decoration, texture and warm colors of wooden furniture, beautiful stained glass windows, exquisite dishes. It is laconic, verified, symmetrical and rather restrained, but perfect in its performance. This style is timeless.
- Gentle provence. Even in an area of 9 sq.m. You can create a piece of Provence. Delicate, whitened shades of beige, lavender and sage, characteristic of this place, will make the kitchen cozy. Light wooden furniture with the effect of aging, natural fabrics with picturesque floral motifs, lace and mirrors will only add to the interior of rustic charm and simple luxury.
- Romantic Shabby-Chic literally translated as "shabby chic" or aged luxury.Great for fans of white in the interior. There are many different configurations of antique wooden furniture in white with “a touch of antiquity” in combination with a white or milky interior room. Diluted items of pastel shades.
- Industrial hi-tech - for those who love glass and metal. This style is characterized by simplicity and conciseness in the interior, strict pieces of furniture of correct geometry, advanced technical stuffing. Nothing more, everything is aimed at practicality and functionality.
- Authentic Scandinavian style. It uses wooden surfaces and white finish. For the kitchen area, instead of wall cabinets, open shelves are characteristic, which gives a feeling of lightness and lack of space.
Since the area of the kitchen is only nine squares and has a standard ceiling height, you must follow the rule - do not overload the space. Regardless of the chosen style, it is better to follow the principle of minimalism.
In small rooms it is optimal to use light and monochromatic materials for decoration. If wallpaper is provided, it is better to choose monochromatic, with a small pattern or vertical stripes.It is not necessary to use wallpaper with a large pattern size, too bright or dark background in a small space, since all this makes the space visually smaller. Color for the ceiling is better to use white. No need to make level drops. Ceilings of complex shapes of different levels are suitable for rooms with a height of at least three meters. The ideal option would be to use a stretch ceiling. They are glossy, matte and with different effects. Option glossy stretch ceiling visually increases the height of the room. The advantages of this ceiling is that it is easy to care for, it is fire-resistant and waterproof.
For finishing the floor the most eco-friendly material is wood. It has a beautiful texture, long service life, great for any style. But this is a material that requires constant attention and care. A practical option is ceramic tile. Today there is a huge selection of ceramic tiles of different colors, textures and sizes. The rule for finishing the floor - the smaller the room, the smaller should be the size of the floor tile. You can make a combined flooring, if in the working area of the kitchen to put tiles, and in the dining area of the laminate or floorboard.
Following the principle of minimalism, in the kitchen should not be too much furniture and decor items.
The function of the room initially implies the obligatory availability of a working surface, household appliances and the organization of warehousing and storage. These tasks are easily solved by the correct filling of the kitchen space.
Furniture for the kitchen should comply with the general style of the room. The right choice will be light or white furniture and from a practical point of view, and aesthetic. Furniture of light shades, oddly enough, is more practical, since it does not show fingerprints, splashes, dust and minor scratches. The space seems light and clean. But if you want the contrast of a bright room and dark or bright furniture, you can make the lower bases in this color, and the upper tier is light. In this case, the integrity of the space will be preserved.
- Drawers always convenient cabinets with doors and shelves. If they are equipped with a system of closers, then the closure will take place with one light touch. There is no need to bend down and look for the right thing, the entire contents of the box is before your eyes.
- Base for washing must be at least 60 cm.Too small size will be inconvenient.
- Large itemsSuch as a pencil case, refrigerator or showcase in a small kitchen should be at the beginning or end of the headset.
- If the headset ends at a distance from the corner, the extreme base and a wall cabinet should be rounded. Grace will add doors with stained glass.
- With a linear arrangement of the kitchen for a working surface it is not necessary to choose an artificial stone. On the market there are countertops coated with high-strength plastic that can withstand high temperatures, it does not leave stains and scratches, and at a price it is much cheaper.
- The table must be small, rectangular or round shape. If necessary, you can use folding chairs.
Choice of technology
Appliances for the kitchen is better to choose built-in from reliable manufacturers.
- Cooktop - glass ceramics 60 cm in size on 4 rings.
- Exhaust hood located above the hob, its width can be 60 or 90 cm.
- Oven 60 cm wide. The most convenient location of the built-in oven is at chest level. If the oven case is not provided, then the classic arrangement is under the hob.
- Dishwasher 45 cm wide will suit for such kitchen, but it is possible to establish also 60 cm.It should be located at the piping after the base with a sink.
- The refrigerator can be built-in or stand-alone. Width of the built-in - no more than 60 cm.
Lighting - an important component when filling the space. Light further emphasizes the zoning of the room. Great attention should be paid to the illumination of the working area and to provide additional light in the dining area. Decorative decoration of the room will be the lighting inside the wall cabinets with stained glass. You can add wall sconces to the overall style of the space.
The decor is important, so that all objects fit harmoniously into the interior and combine perfectly with each other.
- Textile it is better to choose from natural fibers, beautiful pastel shades. But if you want to play with color, then add it to the textiles of curtains, chair covers, towels and napkins.
- A winning device for visual expansion of space - wallpapers and murals with images in perspective.
- Wall clocks, paintings, interesting decorative dishes, wicker baskets, indoor plants work to create a cozy atmosphere.
Following these simple rules, you can organize on an area of 9 sq.m.stylish, functional and harmonious kitchen space, where all members of your family will spend comfortable time.
How to organize a kitchen in 9 square meters. meter? See the video.