Kitchen corner for a small kitchen
The kitchenette is a dining group consisting of a small sofa or bench and a table, possibly supplemented with several more chairs. Such a headset is not only convenient, but also cozy. He is able to create a unique home-like atmosphere in the kitchen, especially when the whole family gathers at a common table in the evening.
But many deny themselves such furniture because of the size of the kitchen. Yes, in most of our apartments, especially in the “Khrushchev-style” kitchens are prohibitively small. But there is a way out - a corner for a small kitchen.
Often people think that corner sofas take up too much space. But this is fundamentally not true. Even a standard kitchen corner can accommodate more people than chairs, and in a smaller area.
In addition, the kitchen corner has a number of advantages that you may not notice immediately.
- The kitchen corner helps to rationally and harmoniously use the space.Such furniture in the kitchen immediately creates a dining area, regardless of size and location. In addition, this kind of furniture allows you to use the space in the corner most effectively.
- One small sofa can accommodate several people in a limited area. It is more comfortable and compact than chairs.
- Most sofas are equipped with spacious drawers, retractable or hidden under folding seats. You can easily place there kitchen utensils, billets, and just empty cans. You do not have to hang up or put in an extra closet, cluttering up the space. Everything you need perfectly hide under the seat and will always be at hand.
- If your kitchen is small, then probably the rooms are not the most extensive. In this case, a folding convertible sofa is an extra bed, at least for your household, at least for visiting guests.
- Some models have open shelves. They can be placed not only useful utensils, but also decorative statues that allow your to give your kitchen a completely unique look.
- The smallest of the existing models have a size of 1010 by 1010 mm.In most cases a small round or square table and a pair of stools are attached to such models.
- Models somewhat larger usually have one side slightly longer than the other. These are constructions of 850 * 1500 mm, 1000х1300 or 1100 * 1600 mm. This standard sofa is perfect for a standard dining table.
- Different can be not only the length and width of the seat, but its depth. There are seats with a depth of 420, 430, 450, 460 and even 500 mm. You can easily find a compact and convenient headset for you.
- The most convenient and most expensive option - custom furniture. Here the sizes are practically unlimited. You will get a unique corner, perfectly fit into your kitchen space.
The most popular corners are soft. But there are also headsets with a bench or a bench instead of a sofa. Some people find them more practical. Cushions can be attached to models with solid seats, which makes them not only practical, but also comfortable.
The most common form of corner sofas - the letter "G". When choosing such a configuration, pay special attention to which side is located the long part.Change it is likely to be impossible.
A straight construction is good if you have a niche where you can “fit in” a sofa. This will allow rational use of space and perfectly complement any interior.
Most of the kitchen corners are non-separable, but they are also modular. Such models are easy to assemble in the order you need, and can also be used separately. They are mobile, in contrast to the more bulky non-separable models.
For the smallest kitchens, there are models without a back, with pillows that are attached directly to the wall with adhesive tape or roof rails.
All kitchen furniture should be located in such a way as not to block the aisles and do not interfere with your freedom to move during cooking. If the space is quite small, it is advisable to choose furniture with rounded corners in order to avoid impacts. The optimal distance from the corner to the kitchen cabinets is 90-100 cm.
In addition, you should be comfortable to get up and sit at the table, this is especially true for the angular design of furniture. Leave sufficient space between the sofa and the table.
The location of the corner away from the sink and stove, in a certain dining area, as well as away from opening doors, including the refrigerator door, is considered to be successful. The most comfortable option is the location by the window or in the niche existing in the kitchen.
Modern manufacturers can find models equipped with deep storage boxes, drawers, built-in shelves or even a mini-bar. In the small design of the corner sofa can be hidden bed.
- The box hidden under the seat is deeper. Not only banks, but also household appliances will easily fit into it. However, due to the absence of partitions and depth, maintaining cleanliness in such a box can be problematic.
- . Drawers are more convenient. You have a complete overview of everything that is stored in the box, and free access even to the far corners. However, in order to open the box you need a place. And you may even have to move the table to get the necessary thing. Not too comfortable, is it?
- In small shelves in the corner of the sofa is easy to place the small necessary things, such as cutlery or spices.
- . If there is a space between the sofa and the wall, the most successful option is to fill it with pull-out sections of the "cargo" type.
- Sleeping kitchen corners have the most different designs, from sliding folding beds, designs like "book". For any size kitchen and any interior.
Kitchen sofa consists of a body and upholstery.
The simplest case is laminated chipboard. This model will be cheap, but not too high quality. A slightly more durable option - from the array of conifers (most often from pine). Both models have reasonable prices and many colors.
Models from MDF much better, but significantly more expensive. They also come in a variety of colors.
The most expensive models in solid beech, birch or oak. Such corners, as a rule, are made only to order, leaving the natural color of the tree.
Original metal sofas are extremely rare, but they look very interesting. This is the perfect option for the kitchen in the style of "Hi-tech". Cast or forged models look unusually impressive and can be supplemented with soft pillows. Ideally, all the furniture in such a kitchen should be made of metal and glass.
Upholstery is often made of leatherette. This is an inexpensive, unpretentious and fairly comfortable material. (Some manufacturers also call it eco-leather or bio-skin). It does not collect dust, is easy to clean and is not afraid of stains. But there are other models - from microfiber, flock, velor, plush, jacquard, chenille and even natural leather. If you prefer a soft fabric sofa, then choose synthetic fabrics. For the kitchen, where the probability of stains is high, natural, well-absorbing fabrics are not the most reasonable choice. Well, if the furniture upholstery is made of leather or demantina.
Some stores offer to choose the upholstery for your favorite model from several options. It is extremely convenient, and will help you to fit your sofa in any interior. If you wish, you can sew curtains, tablecloth or other accessories from the same fabric to create a single ensemble in the kitchen.
An interesting and very popular option now is to put pillows on a hard corner seat. You can sew a few extra covers on the pillows with your own hands and change the interior of the kitchen whenever you want.
Under the upholstery of soft models most often hides polyurethane or regular foam rubber. The latter is cheaper, but as a strong loses.Foam rubber models deteriorate faster and retain their shape much worse.
Internal filler can be divided according to rigidity into six groups:
- Highly elastic.
- Increased softness.
- Normal stiffness.
How to choose
- First of all, determine and measure the place where you plan to put the corner.
- Immediately decide whether you want a left-handed or right-handed model.
- Remember that the armrests and pillows visually look more bulky and strongly “eat up” the space.
- Decide in advance if you need an extra bed. If so, choose a convertible sofa.
- Make a start not only from the dimensions of your kitchen, but also from the interior, from the chosen style in the room. You can play in contrast, but it looks more harmonious when the dining group is designed in the same style as the rest of the kitchen furniture.
- If you like a variety, give preference to models with removable covers, pillows, as well as modular headsets.