Small kitchen corners
Not every owner of apartments with a modern layout boasts a large area of rooms, and increasingly small kitchen corners are becoming one of the best-selling products in furniture stores. Buy for the kitchen a modest set in a mini format, ideally incorporated into the overall design idea, now anyone can benefit, the benefit, a variety of models, colors and styles now can not but rejoice.
The advantages of a small corner:
- Takes up a bit of space, but at the same time has a large capacity;
- Allows you to create an extra bed;
- It has good functionality, thanks to storage boxes;
- Helps to furnish kitchens with bay windows and niches;
- Ideal for a studio apartment.
The most popular, affordable and most practical option. Usually selected for homes, where the rearrangement of furniture is a deviation from the norm.Happens two types - the left-sided and right-sided sofa, respectively, is bought in the necessary execution. They have a storage area under the cover in the form of a triangle.
More expensive small options can be semi-circular for Provencal styles or, on the contrary, only with clearly defined right angles, armrests and shelf areas on the backs. The shelves are optionally supplemented with carved wooden or metal elements.
The main difference from the previous view is the absence of a left or right direction, because such corners consist of three modules that are assembled into a single whole already for a specific kitchen in order to respond to the room. The zone with the boxes can be under any of the seats, and not only in the center, as in the "monolith".
The difference is also felt in wider possibilities for styles - here both high-tech, and a futuristic combination of rounded shapes and ideally flat metal fittings. The only drawback is the wear of the connecting elements, to which it is difficult to find spare parts, and you have to go for costly repairs.
Quality modular sofas always have additional connectors forfastening to the walls. If they are not there, you should always ask the seller about this possibility for the chosen model.
It is a transforming sofa, which can have a mechanism in the form of a “book”, “dolphin” or a classic roll-out bottom, where the storage system is hidden. This option is suitable for sleeping, because even in a small space, a full bed is formed, and, depending on the upholstery and softness, it is very comfortable.
Models with one retractable seat allow you to make the corner even more spacious - without prejudice to the kitchen space. On such a sofa can sit twice as many guests, and if necessary, it is also easy to turn into a single bed.
A little about upholstery
It is chosen for kitchens according to two principles - durability and resistance to grease and cleaning products. Low cost options always come with leatherette, the most expensive - with genuine leather. Other popular materials used for upholstery are:
When buying a small corner with fabric upholstery, you should not forget that modern technologies oblige the manufacturer to pre-process materials with water-repellent and fire-resistant compounds.This gives the product a specific and sometimes not the most pleasant smell, but over time, the practicality of this technique pays off.
There are no differences from other sofas, the fillers are divided into three large groups:
- Foam rubber - the most affordable in terms of assembly and relatively inexpensive material. The category of softness depends on the thickness, but at the same time the classical rule works: the softer the material, the faster it wears out from daily use.
- Polyurethane foam - modern and reliable material, but the price for it is twice as high as foam rubber. It does not need any additional processing, so there is practically no excess odor, even for a new product.
- Spring block - reliable and time-tested system. Individually selected scheme will allow you to adjust the stiffness, while remaining durable and wear-resistant.
As for carcasses, today most of the corners are assembled on LDSP basis. Inexpensive material has the necessary characteristics of strength, and allows you to "hide" inside one or more boxes, so necessary in the kitchen.
Natural wood is not a practical raw material.Not to mention the price, it is more susceptible to the effects of temperature and fat, and also does not always allow the sofa to be equipped with a storage system.
- For very small rooms, you can choose a small corner without a backrest - these also happen, and the quality of their assembly is often even better than that of the “classics”.
- Always check the direction of the sofa - the left and right warehouse staff at the store can easily be confused at the time of delivery.
- The armrests are always convenient for the one who sits, but they visually increase the size of any furniture, which is not always good for a small kitchen.
- Do not hesitate to look in every drawer in the store - they should be assembled without sticking nails, screws and wood defects.
- The filler from polyurethane foam with guarantee keeps a form within several years.
- The soft back is a comfortable, but not always necessary element. Most often, it only affects the price, not in the best direction for you.
- Transforming table can be an ideal addition to any corner.
With the right amount of free time spent on the choice, you can always find a nice little kitchen corner.Prices for modern models allow you to equip your kitchen in an interesting style, while maintaining free space. The question of practicality also remains one of the most important criteria, and each manufacturer in its own way attracts a buyer - by the volume, quantity and originality of the boxes for storing kitchen utensils and other necessary trifles.