How to make a kitchen corner with your own hands
The sofa corner perfectly complements the kitchen set. This is a great way to use space rationally: this furniture is versatile, comfortable and functional. The soft corner consists of two small sofas and a connecting part between them. Sometimes chairs are used to match the color of accessories.
Why is it necessary to arrange such a corner in the kitchen by yourself? Selection of factory furniture is often accompanied by difficulties. For example, the standard headset parameters are sometimes not suitable for individual layouts. In this case, installing a homemade kitchenette would be the best option. For proper manufacturing will require drawings, materials for the assembly with the tools and a good mood.
How to: step by step instructions
The reasons for which you want to make a sofa corner yourself may be many, but paramount is saving.Corner from the manufacturers of "salon" furniture is much more expensive.
In order to start assembling such a construction on your own, you first need to decide on some factors:
- to understand how exactly the built-in corner will be located and in which direction it will be turned - right or left. After that, it is necessary to make drawings of the future project, where all dimensions are reflected, from the height of the structure to the width and length. In general, all schemes need to register thoroughly. This is important: there will be no errors when assembling and joining parts;
- pick up materials to cover. If you want the service life of the sofa corner to be as long as possible - you need to choose a classic filler and upholstery (synthetic, leather substitute or fiber). The synthetic coating is easy to clean, keeps its color for a long time and keeps its shape. The leather substitute allows to increase furniture service life, and the fiber has properties to repel water and dirt. Internal fillers can be from simple foam rubber or polyurethane foam material.
Once these factors are taken into account, you can begin to work. The instruction of your actions will be as follows:
- First of all, on the basis of the drawing, it is necessary to select all parts of the future corner, and assemble the frame of the rails. To this structure, then it is necessary to attach the remaining parts, such as the bottom and the support wall.
- Once both sides of the frame are assembled, it is necessary to connect the area through the modular part.
- Further, the soft part of the sofa is modeled - upholstery. Foam rubber is attached to the outer part of the support.
- A cover is made (separately), based on the dimensions of the drawings - all necessary pieces of the future surface are cut off and nailed in such a way as to cover the foam rubber. For such actions a stapler is used.
- The manufacture of a separate part, which is located between the two sides of the corner, must be dealt with separately.
- After that, you need to fix the cover, performing the role of the seat.
Required materials and tools
To assemble high-quality furniture, you need not only instructions for use with a short plan of action, but also certain tools with materials.
To construct a corner sofa you will need:
- a birch or pine layer measuring 2 by 4 centimeters - 100 centimeters;
- a wooden bar, the cross section of which is 4 x 4 centimeters - 140 centimeters;
- timber about 2.5 to 2.6, measuring 370 centimeters from pallets;
- The elongated part of the array 1.5 to 1.5 cm in cross section - 300 cm. To finish the inner wall - a layer of chipboard;
- plywood sheet 1 centimeter in thickness for the bottom and sides;
- foam filler, 5 centimeters thick.
- fabrics for furniture trim.
To assemble the above parts into a single design, the following tools are needed:
- electric jigsaw;
- measuring angle;
- construction fixer (stapler);
- automatic grinding machine;
Confirmmants and screws of 0.4 by 2 centimeters, 0, 4 by 6 and 0.4 by 8 cm are needed from small accessories. It is necessary to purchase bolts, nails, gangs, loop parts and bases. If the sofa is provided with a folding structure, then the scheme requires a certain ready-made mechanism - straight sofas will go to it and the corner part will be fixed.
An interesting fact: DPS can be sawn in special workshops. This creates a high-quality frame furniture.It is enough to come to the furniture studio with detailed drawings of the future project, and the master will do the rest. The specialist will make the scheme in the computer, make a map cut of wood and calculate the size of the chipboard. All necessary parts will be made according to the drawings.
However, some parts, nevertheless, need to be cut in their own workshop - for example, details of the figure purpose. In lists, they are marked as blanks of rectangles.
For an additional fee, they can cut out the figured parts and paste the end tape on the base. To reduce your own work, you can use this service. Processing ABS tape on machines is much better quality than manual gluing of parts - you do not have to deal with milling and manufacturing additional templates.
Drawings and diagrams
In the drawings it is necessary to prescribe all accurate data and indicators. The dimensions and dimensions of the furniture should also be indicated on footnotes. With proper explanations on paper, the sofa corner can be easily installed in the kitchen.
When choosing a finished drawing, skip schemes that do not have an independent module.Connecting the two parts of a furniture corner with a simple harnesses will not be a reliable assembly method. Several racks that reinforce the structure must be present, otherwise the frame will not be properly protected. When used in the module circuit - the design will be easy to change, adjusting it to different sides. Certain schemes help to further establish a sofa, either a corner or a line, which is very convenient.
When determining the width and length of the corner, it is necessary to measure the area of the room, the design of the kitchen and the location of household appliances. After the contours are added to the kitchen plan, it is necessary to check the correlations: they should not be less than 60 centimeters.
If the work is supposed to be completely independent, without contacting the workshop for additional cutting of parts, then you should consider some rules:
- billets for which parts will be manufactured must be cut out of plywood sheet. DPS material on log cabins is porous, non-uniform - the mill cutter bearing can come off uneven surfaces, and the line will turn out to be a curve. If there is no plywood, then the ends of the blanks need to be pasted over with paper tape in several layers;
- At the final stage of assembly, the parts are not ground.Parts of a construction with a porous surface stick together better;
- the outer side of the drawers is located at a certain angle. It is necessary for the comfort of seated people. The cut-out parts of the uprights on the sides should be done under the bevel by 10 degrees.
Please note: ABS tape in stores is available in two versions - with and without adhesive glue. Adhesive substance on the raw tape is applied with a special machine - this complicates its use in the home. It is better to buy a tape with glue.
Further, after the cutters are applied and tapes glued to the frame, you can assemble straight sofas. It is necessary to make a marking on the materials themselves - indicate the size of the holes on the side racks. Given the fact that the front of a few millimeters is sunk, the distance from the edge will be needed by 11 mm. By the way, the ends are installed with thrust bearings.
Corner for the kitchen can be collected independently thanks to confirmants and shkantam. The cutters are best used in a smooth connection - so the frame will be resistant. Screws can be used with other surfaces and parts. Because of this, the design will be correct and with a minimum of holes.It is also necessary to install the bottom of the support on the bolted structures.
The kitchen corner itself is constructed as follows:
- in the connectors for the upper part in the middle of the side wall install the dowels. In the future, it is necessary to put a support bar on them;
- attach the back of the support;
- add to the frame panel part;
- screwed support under the back (this is the upper part of the frame).
Installation of the back of the sofa occurs after the upholstery. The modular part, which will connect straight sofas in the corner, is constructed a little differently.
The backrest of the future sofa is connected with the construction of the modular part. For example, making a back in a semicircle is almost impossible without dividing the frame into three parts. Therefore, the back of the soft corner consists of three narrow panels. To alter such a frame is easy - you only need to eliminate one of the segments - replace it or adjust the other.
Repair of the support bars at the module is carried out when parsing the structure. For example, it is known that the classical form of the modular part is presented in the form of a kerchief. By applying this knowledge in practice, you can fit additional compartments into the triangle.
Vertical racks for the module are installed between two backrest support bars - this is how a corner is fixed. It is not recommended to do boxes in this segment, since the upholstery is problematic in this case, and the use of a carriage screed is not possible at all.
A piano loop must be attached to the elongated part of the seat (the covers are fitted at the very end of the work). The 4 x 4 cm beam is the basis of the framework for the module. When connecting the profile, it must be remembered that the three parts should be located to each other at an angle of 45 degrees and 90 degrees. After assembly, the module is sheathed with a plywood bed.
Further, it is necessary to sand all parts of the future corner. Wooden parts are treated with stain, and after drying, they are covered with several layers of varnish. The remaining parts are connected to the legs of the sofa and fastened with screws to the frame. The legs should be around the perimeter (about eight pieces).
Details that are responsible for the supporting structure of the sofa, check when adjusting the legs. Also pre-mark the place of future fixtures and drill holes with a diameter of 0.8 cm.Bolts are needed with volumetric caps, and washers must be purchased in double quantity. As one will go under a bolt, and the second - under a nut.
Stands for hands are made of 4 by 4 cm beam. The grooves are made several centimeters deep, and it should be remembered that the width of the surface is related to the thickness of the side walls. After the armrests are installed, they need to be covered with glue and pushed into the sides with screws. This is how the skeleton base is created and sealed with the module.
Padding sofa set - this is the final stage, decorating the overall design of furniture. Soft are made not only the seat, but also the back. If the couch in the corner is small, then foam rubber will fit 5 centimeters thick. You can also cover the sofa with dermantine, and to make the seat mats softer, you can use a synthetic winterizer. It's simple: the material sits on the glue and is fixed on the back. The choice of upholstery depends on the location of the sofa in the kitchen: the closer to the sink or stove, the rougher and tougher the fabric is needed.
Putting foam on the back is an excellent basis for upholstery.It must be remembered that the sintepon or other fillers should be slightly larger than the total length of the sofa - for bending on the side parts. Soft parts for the seat cut out more by 2 centimeters in width, as the inversion of the material is carried out only forward.
In order to sheathe a corner sofa with a fabric, you must follow some rules:
- fabric can be cut out on a contour of a synthetic winterizer. The material must be cut around on the couch itself, after which it is necessary to add another 5 centimeters to the obtained dimensions and cut the resulting piece;
- the length of the cover must be done more by 10 centimeters than the design itself. It is necessary to drag the fabric with a twist in the corners and preferably with a stapler. The remaining parts can be covered in the same way;
- The kitchen corner is best twisted with pieces of furniture screed.
Update old couch
Having in the house an old sofa corner, you can easily update it. Restoration of the old sofa in the new - is possible, thanks to the change of upholstery or the filler itself.
The first thing to do is to cut the damaged fabric and replace it. If the corner is connected in several parts, the replacement should be performed alternately on each hull. What actions are needed?
- remove the upper case;
- remove old foam from all parts of the corner module;
- After that, drag the surface with new materials.
Update outdated corner sofa in several ways.
Use varnish and paint. In this way, the restoration will be external - a change of color will affect the overall design of the kitchen and make a note of freshness if bright and rich colors are used.
Change upholstery material. For example, velor, which lost its shape during long operation, can be replaced with a noble chenille fabric. Such material is able to bring comfort to the overall design, and is suitable for design in the Oriental style (thanks to the ornate patterns).
Painting the sofa itself is used to hide the damage, eliminate defects and simply refresh the structure itself. Paints can both improve the overall space (for example, green fills the space with serenity) and expand it (use light and white tones in this case).
Painting the sofa itself is used to hide the damage, eliminate defects and simply refresh the structure itself. Paints can both improve the overall space (for example,green color fills the space with peace of mind), and expand it (use in this case, you need light and white tones).
Due to the change of filler, you can change the softness of the sofa, raise it a little higher and add unusual accents to the kitchen design. For example, using a little more foam rubber, you can make a sofa corner much more comfortable.
If you change the color and material of the upholstery (for example, yellow or red), then the kitchen will immediately become more fun, and being in such a space will be much nicer - these colors elevate the mood and contribute to the overall tone of the body. If you choose a case of pastel, calm colors - this will visually expand the kitchen, bring airiness to the space, make it calmer.
Interesting solutions in interior design
Since the corner type of the sofa, first of all, saves space, when placing it you can focus on the location.
Interesting fact: thanks to the corner sofa you can divide the space into zones. Once the design of the sofa is defined, it can be applied to different sides of the kitchen in order to understand which arrangement will be optimal.
As a rule, furniture in the kitchen is not only a sofa corner, it is also a table and chairs. Therefore, they must be combined in texture, material production and color.
You can make decorative elements in the furniture itself, depending on the overall design: if the kitchen is in Italian, romantic style, then the design of the sofa can be added with pull-out, carved drawers. Kitchenware can be stored in them. Such parts are located in the lower or upper part. You can focus on them, or paint over a certain shade. In the first case, this is a design decision in contrasts, and in the second, a combination of a room with one color scheme.
You can add unusualness to the interior thanks to the chairs of a different style and form. Under the sofa you can also use stools - it is better to pick up the classic forms. However, modern models are also interesting: they can be used to store food, herbs and dishes.
The sofa can be decorated with small pillows - they will make the space more comfortable and will remind of the far East. The combination of different fabrics for upholstery also looks unusual and is acceptable for "rustic", natural designs.