Corner Corner Cabinets
Furniture plays a huge role in the interior of housing, while it is not only the main element of the decor, but also gives the room comfort, helps to rationally place things. Among the chic selection of furniture designs deserves special attention radial corner cabinet. Its unique design saves living space. This wardrobe is easily placed in the room, does not block the aisles and looks gorgeous in any room interior. Often, corner models are chosen in the bedroom and hallway, radius closets are good for the living room as well.
Unlike bulky and voluminous cabinets, corner structures have a semicircular and convex shape, so they occupy a minimum of space in the room, which, in turn, helps home owners to keep things practical, saving every useful centimeter of housing.There are also undulating models of furniture.
It should be noted that the swinging mechanism in such cabinets is equipped with a special retractable system that is easy to use, and the absence of sharp corners makes it easier to move in small rooms and reduces children's injuries during games.
Due to the presence of many positive characteristics radial cabinets are very popular. For modern home decoration, designers recommend purchasing mirror cabinets, as well as white designs with dark decor.
Advantages and disadvantages
There are many models of cabinets on the furniture market, but corner radial structures occupy a special place among them. A distinctive feature of such furniture is considered to be a concave or convex shape, due to which the furniture gets a soft outline. In addition, curved facades harmoniously fit into the overall interior of the housing, fill the room with special notes of coziness and comfort. The main advantages of radial cabinets include:
- Economical use of free space. Such furniture is well suited for rooms with limited space.As a rule, such structures are installed in special niches, corners and rooms with adjacent walls of different lengths.
- Original design of models, an unusual look. Cabinets are characterized by a complex geometric shape, which is often combined with convex and concave contours.
- Bending radius. Due to the large radius, the furniture can take the form of an arc or a circle. Often, in one model of the cabinet, manufacturers simultaneously combine sliding and hinged doors.
- Chic selection of performance. The presence of curved contours in furniture allows you to make models of various shapes.
Despite the huge number of positive characteristics, radial cabinets have a number of drawbacks that must be taken into account when choosing products. For example, in such a design, small capacity, therefore, the internal space of the cabinet is not effectively filled. In addition, radial designs are expensive, since for their production they use additional materials and unique fasteners. As for the design, corner corner cabinets are chosen strictly for the style of the room, otherwise there will be an imbalance in the interior of the room.
During the arrangement of rooms is an important issue is the correct choice and placement of cabinets. At the same time, the furniture should not be tied to a specific installation site, but on the contrary, make the space of the room free and accessible for moving. Therefore, radial structures should be placed in the room in such a way as not to narrow the room. It is not recommended to install similar models in the corridors. To date, there are the following types of corner cabinets:
- Traditional. Such products are designed for corner installation. They completely fill the corner of the room, and thanks to the external smooth forms they make the room free and visually hide the wrong lines of the rooms. Radius cabinets can be placed in any chosen corner of the room, their back wall completely repeats the shape of the corner. In this case, the model of cabinets directly depends on the length of adjacent walls and the size of the corner turn. Such structures, as a rule, are equipped with sliding, hinged or combined doors.
- Concave. Take up a minimum of spaces. Concave furniture facades allow you to visually adjust the room, hiding its wrong proportions.
- Bulging. Fit well in the interior of small rooms in which there are no long walls. The front of these cabinets is oval, so they are often used on the basis of built-in structures.
- Convex-concave (wavy). They represent a combined type of furniture, the front part of which is decorated with convex and bent flaps. Due to the unique combination of geometric shapes in a complete assembly, the product has the appearance of a solid figure with beautiful smooth lines.
Radial corner cabinets are particularly attractive. They consist of such basic elements as the facade, the housing, the sliding system, the interior filling and the decor. In their manufacture using various finishing materials, but most often in the furniture industry used:
- LDSP. These are laminated wood and chipboard. This material is characterized by durability, moisture resistance, so it is excellent for building facades and enclosures.
- Chipboard. Practical and durable material made from wood chips. Used in the manufacture of shells.
- HDF. The plates have a high density, they are made from fibrous wood.
- MDF. The material is of medium density, it is used to assemble facades.
- Veneer. Its main purpose is to decorate cabinets.
- Tree. It differs from other raw materials with increased strength and environmental cleanliness, but it is expensive and makes the furniture structure heavy. For the production of radius cabinets, as a rule, choose ash, oak and beech.
In addition to the above materials, in the manufacture of corner cabinets also use laminated plastic, bamboo cloth, stained triplex, artificial leather. As for the sliding mechanisms, they are rollers and aluminum profiles.
The corner corner cabinet should not only fit nicely into the overall look of the room, but also be spacious, compact, multifunctional and practical. Since these cabinets are designed to store bags, accessories, outerwear and hats, they are supplemented with various shelves, fully corresponding to the configuration of the valves.
In order for the furniture to be convenient in operation, when choosing it, it is worth paying attention to the presence of such elements in the design as:
- Built-in cabinets;
- Shoes stands;
- Radial shelves;
- Compartments for clothes;
Corner structures can be filled with various elements, it all depends on the size and shape of the structure. At the same time, the radius of rounding plays a huge role in such models of furniture, since it significantly limits the filling of the cabinet inside.
To keep all the things in the closet comfortable, it is worthwhile to additionally equip them with roomy compartments and crossbars for hangers. Also in the radial models there are external shelves designed for storing glasses, wallets, key rings or keys.
How to choose?
If standard straight-line cabinets are best purchased in finished form, then radial models are recommended to be ordered strictly according to individual drawings. Of course, it will not be easy to create an original cabinet on your own, but specialists will cope with this task easily. When choosing a particular model of a corner cabinet, you need to pay attention to the following points:
- The ability to install furniture along the walls.
- Cabinets with symmetrical shapes are placed mainly in the niches and corners of the hallway.
- Semi-oval and semi-circular products are well suited for rooms decorated in modern style.
- The quality of the body materials should be impeccable.
- The color is chosen on the basis of personal preference, but it must be in harmony with the background of the ceiling, walls and floor covering.
The video below shows an example of a radial cabinet in the hallway.