Greenhouses "Country 2 DUM": types and assembly instructions
Each summer resident, gardener or gardener, sooner or later thinks about installing a greenhouse. This design allows you to engage in the cultivation of crops almost all year round. Greenhouses are especially in demand in the territory of the central zone of our country. The case in unstable weather conditions.
It is necessary to approach the choice of the greenhouse responsibly: This product is not cheap and for its price must meet the necessary quality standards. But the choice of greenhouses is only half the battle. After purchasing it must be properly assembled.
Features and specifications
The engineers who developed this model spent a lot of time to bring it to perfection. Many elements have been modernized more than once. Some of them even received separate patents that testify to really high quality. According to reviews of satisfied customers, 2 DUM today is an excellent ratio of quality and cost.
To get started is to talk about the basic parameters of the greenhouse. Its strength is 150 kilograms per square meter, which is a high figure. Durability is ensured due to the small interval between arcs, which is 50 centimeters. An important role in this is played by the coating - cellular polycarbonate with a thickness of 4 millimeters, which is noticeably superior in strength to ordinary film.
Like most greenhouses, 2 DUM has an arched shape. The frame is made of galvanized steel. The height of the building reaches 2 meters, width - 3 meters. The minimum length is 4 meters, but it can be increased with additional frame arcs. The total weight of the structure - from 120 kilograms and more.
The greenhouse is equipped with two doors and two windows. The number of the latter can be increased by installing additional ones. The cost of standard equipment varies from 10 thousand rubles to 23 thousand, depending on the quality and length of the coating (4-6 meters).
Before proceeding to the pros, it is worth mentioning the disadvantages, because their number through the efforts of specialists was minimized. And according to customers, the disadvantages are minor, and if you want, you can fix them with your own hands at minimal cost.
The benefits come down to the following points.
- There is no need to disassemble the greenhouse for the winter, thereby saving a lot of time and effort in the spring and autumn. Due to its increased strength, 2 DUMs are able to withstand heavy snow weight, avoiding deformations.
- Low temperatures greenhouses are not terrible. It keeps the heat inside even in severe frosts. Until spring, the soil remains warm, which allows for early planting of crops, without fear for their safety.
- Despite its solid weight, the design is easily transported due to the folding view. As a rule, all elements are evenly distributed in seven packages of small mass. Buyers do not even have to pay for shipping. You can do it on your own car.
- The greenhouse gathers quite easily, by the principle of the designer. No extra hands or tools are required.
- The lower ends of the greenhouse dig into the ground. So, it is not necessary to prepare the foundation, which significantly saves the finances and strength of the owners.
- The material from which the frame is made is not affected by fungi or rotting.
- Correctly connected parts are characterized by increased tightness. Door and window openings are equipped with locking clamps.On the frame arcs there are connectors for mounting additional automatic vents.
- Another plus that has already been mentioned above is the ability to independently adjust the length of the greenhouse by installing or removing frame arcs. But additional parts and polycarbonate will have to be purchased separately.
These are the most basic of the many advantages of the DUM model 2. About the rest you can learn in the course of its operation.
Now about the assembly and installation of the greenhouse. As mentioned earlier, it does not need a foundation. The stability of the construction is provided by the T-shaped ends, which are dug into the ground.
Sometimes the foundation still has to be poured. This is necessary if the region is different in winters with large snowfalls. It will also be required if the soil in the area is unstable and is washed out by water every spring. Otherwise, there is a risk of finding the greenhouse skewed.
In this case, a light foundation will suffice. It can be made of reinforced concrete, stone, bricks or wooden bars. The main thing - to correctly mount the metal corners.
It should be noted that cutting out pieces of polycarbonate for doors and air vents is not an easy task. Inexperience can be messed up. It is recommended to do this right at the time of purchase. Most sellers provide this service.
If all the preparatory work is completed, you can proceed to the assembly of the greenhouse.
The package, which is issued upon purchase, includes the following:
- frame elements;
- polycarbonate coating;
- reinforcing arcs - especially important in regions with strong winds, heavy rainfall and harsh winters;
- elastomer seals to ensure tightness;
- hooks with which you can fix open doors and vents;
- instruction with illustrations.
Having on hand all the necessary parts, they need to be unpacked and sorted. When we first met the number and variety of components can be discouraged. The assembly would be a difficult and lengthy process, but all the details are numbered, which, together with the instructions, allows you to deal with the structure of the greenhouse in a few minutes.
The first item in the manual is the assembly of the arc. This is done in the lying position of the arc,then the structure is raised and installed vertically with subsequent alignment.
The assembly of the second arc occurs on the same principle. On the arc attached support. After assembling both end parts, doors and air vents can be installed.
If the frame is assembled correctly and stands firmly, proceed to the installation of the coating. Before it it is worth clearing a metal design of dirt and dust. On the arc superimposed elastic seal. Now you can fix the polycarbonate plates. Screws and washers are used for this purpose.
At the end of the installation work it is necessary to seal the coating.
The whole complex of works takes about three days. Those who already have experience in this business will cope faster.
You can always entrust this business to professionals who, for a reasonable price, will do everything quickly and correctly.
Let the foundation is not an essential element for this model, but it will never be superfluous. Greenhouse must be installed strictly on steel corners. In this case, problems with the ground will not be disturbed.
If the quality of the land on the site is credible, it is recommended to treat the T-shaped ends of the greenhouse with an anti-corrosion compound.
Not all crops grown in the greenhouse have enough sunlight. To compensate for this disadvantage, the building can be equipped with special fluorescent lamps. Their light is suitable for almost all types of plants. You can also use LED or infrared lamps, depending on the light required for seedlings.
The most comfortable climatic conditions can be achieved through proper ventilation. Model 2 DUM is specially designed to maintain a normal level of humidity and oxygen, protecting seedlings from cold or high heat. The main thing is to properly install the vents to prevent drafts. And you should not open the door wide open in order to air.
Having enough knowledge in engineering, you can rebuild a greenhouse at your discretion and turn it, for example, into a frameless farm.
Greenhouse 2 DUM has a long service life. But to ensure it, the greenhouse needs to be properly maintained. It should be washed regularly, otherwise the dirt on the surface will interfere with the passage of sunlight. In hot weather, the vents must be open for fresh air to come in. But do not open the doors too wide to avoid a sharp jump in temperature.
The model easily tolerates winter, but it needs special care this season.
- remove snow from the surface so that no dents are formed on it;
- Install additional props to prevent deformation;
- to clear the surface of ice, it can cause polycarbonate breaks;
The summer model 2 DUM is a modern greenhouse model. For a little money, buyers will receive a high-quality dwelling for seedlings, which will provide them with excellent yields for many years.
About the assembly of the greenhouse "Dachnaya 2 DUM", see the following video.