Greenhouses "house": options and design features
Arched options began to crowd out the classic look of the greenhouse "house". And it is completely in vain. The wall of the arched structure has a slope, and the angle formed at the surface of the earth cannot be planted. In the greenhouse "house" straight walls run vertically, which allows the use of every inch of usable area.
The shape of the greenhouse "house" is similar to the present building, but small in size. Traditionally has a gable roof, which may consist of one or several parts, and straight-walled coatings. The whole structure is made of transparent material that allows maximum use of sunlight.Most often, the "house" has one or two doors, opening windows or a removable roof. The height is about 2 meters. This creates a good volume for the room and allows it to be used for climbing and tall plants. The place for the greenhouse is chosen to be lit and located on a hill, so that the sediments do not heat the structure.
Designs are available in finished form. Manufacturers offer their product in various sizes and materials. And you can build yourself using acquired or available tools.
Advantages and disadvantages
The greenhouse of the closed type "house" is an excellent solution for growing plants in the garden.
It has its advantages and advantages, which are expressed in the following:
- the design is completely transparent and receives the maximum amount of light;
- has one or two doors, windows or a removable roof, which allows ventilation and temperature control;
- the height of the greenhouse allows you to work in full growth and plant tall or climbing plants;
- if you compare it with an arch, it is the straight walls that make it possible to rationally use the area and plant the vegetables at the very base;
- the "house" construction is strong and reliable, it can resist in critical weather conditions;
- The gable roof has proven itself well; snow and rainwater do not accumulate on it;
- the greenhouse "house" can be made of different materials, the owner chooses it, based on budgetary possibilities;
- superheated air rises up under the roof, and does not harm the plantation;
- for tall plants, the roof of the "house" can be brought to the desired size;
- due to greenhouse conditions, the crop is harvested earlier than usual;
- plants that are not in contact with external precipitation and the painful surrounding vegetation, bring a healthier and higher-quality crop;
- in greenhouses, plants are protected from insects, domestic animals and birds;
- transparent greenhouse looks beautiful, airy and does not spoil the appearance of the site;
- the structure can be equipped with automatic watering, thermal drive, lighting;
- it is possible to reduce the cost of a building if it is made of the improvised material, for example, the glasses left after the replacement of windows;
- Rectangular details of a design facilitate installation of the greenhouse.
The disadvantages of the greenhouse "house" are also available: the design is expensive, and the options of glass and metal are difficult to assemble, have many details and are more weighty.Such greenhouses are installed on the foundation, so they cannot be moved quickly to another place.
Glass construction is difficult to seal, which leads to heat loss. If polycarbonate is chosen for coating, then more expensive (6-8 mm) is required due to increased pressure on the roof.
What materials are greenhouses built from?
"House" consists of two main parts: the frame and cover. A solid material that can hold not only the cover of the greenhouse, but also snow on its surface is supported. Walls and roof structures must be transparent.
One of the main parts of any greenhouse is the frame.
Different types of materials can participate in its creation.
- Metal. The design is light and durable, but must have a corrosion-resistant coating, otherwise it will collapse in a wet environment. For self-manufacturing of metal construction, it is necessary to have a welding machine and the skills of a welder.
- Wooden. Such a frame is cheaper than metal, but it does not differ in durability. Wood should be well treated with antifungal and antimicrobial agents, it is also susceptible to rodent attack, aging and rotting.But if you want to save, and after replacing the windows there are wooden frames with glass, then here - without options. From the existing material you get a beautiful wooden greenhouse with a glass coating.
If the frame is built from a new purchased material, then you should purchase a 50x50 mm bar, it will be needed for the core and even thicker for the foundation.
- From plastic (PVC pipes). Such material is rarely used to create greenhouses, rather for greenhouses. Plastic is lightweight, cheap, does not rot, does not corrode. But it does not tolerate high temperatures, can be deformed. This design does not protect against heavy loads. If it can withstand the weight of the cover of the greenhouse, it can break from the snow drifts.
- Brick. Sometimes build a foundation under the cover of brick. This material does not corrode like metal, does not rot like wood, does not suffer from fungus and rodents. But to transfer such a greenhouse will not succeed. In the future, it is necessary to solve problems with depleted soil.
Selection of covering materials for the construction of the greenhouse - the most important point.
With their help, it is possible to achieve greater light transmission, thermal insulation, durability, reliability, or a significant reduction in the cost of the project.
- Polyethylene coating - the cheapest and easiest option, but not quite the best in other indicators. His light transmission is much lower than that of glass. Thermal insulation also can not be compared with polycarbonate or glass. It is easily subject to mechanical stress. For the "house" should choose a more durable polyethylene, but even in this case, the greenhouse will be temporary, used only during the season and gather for the winter.
- Polycarbonate - a popular and optimal option for shelter greenhouses. It passes light well and keeps heat due to emptiness in its structure. The material perfectly disperses the sun's rays, but retains ultraviolet, which can harm plants. Polycarbonate is able to withstand a load 200 times more than glass and is easy to install on its own. Polycarbonate by weight is much lighter than glass and the materials for its base may not be too reinforced. Such a "house" can be left to winter, it will easily cope with weather conditions.
- Glass - the material is expensive, heavy and fragile, so it is better to use it for a stationary greenhouse. The transparency of glass has no competitors.If you cope with the sealing or create an expensive greenhouse from custom-made insulating glass, the insulation in such a room will also be at its best. Such "houses" have a wonderful microclimate indoors. Despite the fragility of the material, the greenhouse looks strong and reliable. It can become a cheap project if it is assembled from old windows.
The choice of design "house"
Having studied the quality and technical characteristics of materials, everyone decides for himself what kind of greenhouse to build. Much depends on the requirements for it. If you need an inexpensive seasonal "house", you can build a wooden frame and cover it with polyethylene. For a large stationary greenhouse, the frame is best made of metal or brick, and the coating is made of polycarbonate or glass. But most often build "houses" of medium size of polycarbonate, and this is an option averaged over the material possibilities. Choosing from which to make a greenhouse, one should take into account corrosion, decay, fungal damage to the material, as well as its resistance to stress. Considering the options for ready-made "houses", you need to pay attention to the roof, which is removable or opening, the presence of vents, so that later there were no problems with ventilation.
It is better to prudently choose greenhouses that are able to equip with automatic irrigation and thermal drive. Successful options include designs made to the full height of a person or with an opening top: there is a lot of air in them, you can easily turn around and straighten your back, suitable for both low-growing and tall cultures. The angle of the roof slope should be at least 30 cm, this will make it easy to slide off the snow.
How to build a greenhouse
Many decide to build themselves. To do this, select and prepare a place for the greenhouse, decide on the material, make drawings, calculations and get down to work.
Drawings and calculations
In most cases, building a greenhouse "house", the calculations are not tied to the material (with the exception of carbonate), and settle the internal space at its discretion. The height of the building is chosen according to the height of the tallest member of the family - this concerns the door, and the sloping roof will rise above it. The dimensions of the greenhouse will depend on the size of the beds and the internal passage, which should be sufficient to transport the trolley.
The size of the greenhouse may be affected by the availability of space on the plot,as well as the financial capabilities of the developer.
Features of construction
Building a greenhouse on their own, should pay attention to some of the nuances:
- Considering the best option of sun exposure through the cover, it is better to arrange the greenhouse in length from north to south;
- it is not bad to have sandy soil under the fertile surface layer;
- for the greenhouse, you should choose a place where the ground waters are not too close to the surface, otherwise you will have to drain the gravel or coarse sandstone;
- the ideal length of the building is up to 5 meters, if you get more, you will have to tinker with additional ventilation.
When choosing a material in the form of carbonate, you should consider the standard sheet size, from these calculations, make a scheme of the greenhouse.
Who does not have the time and desire to build a greenhouse on their own, you can buy it on the market of domestic producers.
Russian companies produce them in different parts of the country:
- the greenhouse with the name “Domik” - in the Irkutsk region, it has a metal frame, it is landscaped with two entrances and two ventilation windows, its dimensions are 3x2x2.1 m;
- Delta greenhouse is manufactured by Volya, a Moscow company, the frame is made of metal pipes, compact dimensions (1.1x2.5x2.2) make it possible to transfer the structure to any place on the site;
- the greenhouse “Slava Lux” is produced in Nizhny Novgorod, it has enhanced rigidity, two doors, windows, a metal case, its dimensions are 2.8x2.2.
Gardeners can appreciate all the benefits of having a greenhouse on the garden and will never regret their purchase.
In the next video you will find a step-by-step installation of the greenhouse "house".