What greenhouse to put in the country?
Cultivation of heat-loving garden crops is a favorite hobby of summer residents. In order for the plants not to depend on the vagaries of the weather, and at the end of the season they would produce high yields, they need not only good care, but also certain conditions for growth. Therefore, on the land can not do without the installation of such a structure as a greenhouse. It acts as a reliable protection from the negative impact of the external environment and provides a suitable microclimate inside the space.
A greenhouse is a special structure, which is manufactured in accordance with certain norms of agricultural engineering established for growing plants. Such designs have high strength, light weight and easy to install. In addition, they are able to provide the premises with a constant temperature regime and to protect crops from harmful ultraviolet radiation.To date, these products are sold both in finished form and collapsible, requiring self-installation.
A country greenhouse can be of several types, so before choosing a suitable model, you need to know not only its purpose, but also whether it will be used in winter, its automation capabilities and size.
Today, the following types of greenhouses are most often used for arranging a garden and a dacha.
- Single Shed These are new designs that are ideal for small areas and can be built on either side of a residential building. The extension to the house is placed so that the slope of its roof "looked" to the south. It is characterized by an affordable price and compactness. The film that is used to cover the roof is best replaced with plastic or glass, as it will sag over time and will not be able to resist the gusts of wind.
- Gables. Superficially resemble "houses", which is quite realistic to build their own hands. These greenhouses have many advantages: they give the site a stylish look, are durable, and can be made from both expensive eco-materials and raw materials in the form of plastic bottles and glass.The disadvantage of the design is its fixed size, the mandatory laying of the foundation and high consumption of fasteners.
- Arched. The main advantage of such species is that they have a small surface of reflection, therefore, a sufficient amount of sunlight penetrates into the room. It is also convenient to grow high crops in arched greenhouses. As for the shortcomings, the facilities are not recommended for growing seedlings intended for planting on open ground, as there are no conditions for hardening plants. Shelf-type prefabricated models are easy to dismantle and assemble, allow at any time to supplement the design with new sections, extending it. But the only problem may arise in the winter - due to the lack of a free slope under the weight of snow, the roof will sag.
- Teardrop. They have an unusual shape and received a lot of positive feedback. Pointed roof prevents the accumulation of snow, so its strength increases, and in the spring the structure provides a good heating of the soil. These models are the ideal choice for growing in areas located in the middle zones of the country where winters are very snowy. Minus teardrop-shaped greenhouses - a complex assembly.
- Polygonal. They are rarely found on sale, although they are considered to be a rather practical construction, each face of which warms up evenly in the sun. It is difficult to maintain a constant temperature in such buildings and they are expensive because they are made of polycarbonate (glass) and metal or wood.
- Dutch Provide heat-loving crops with the maximum amount of sunlight and protect the room from precipitation. In such greenhouses there is a special gutter system, through which rainwater is collected and discharged. This model is especially well suited for growing flowers, it does not show the effect of droplets and the formation of condensate.
Depending on which plants you plan to plant. You can use the following types of greenhouses.
- Vegetable They are designed for growing crops throughout the year, with such beds you can collect a wonderful and environmentally friendly crop, as the vegetables are fully protected from chemical natural pollutants and the negative impact of the external environment. Most often, such designs are chosen for planting radish, cucumber, tomato and pepper.They necessarily have a heating and watering system, which makes the building comfortable and convenient to use, but the high price is considered a minus.
- Rassadnye. Used exclusively for sowing and growing seedlings, which later transplanted to open ground. These greenhouses are equipped with temperature control of the soil and air. In them it is necessary to constantly conduct chemical and heat treatment of the earth, as well as the surfaces of the structure. It helps to observe photo-sanitary conditions and protects plants from various diseases. The disadvantage of greenhouses is that it is strictly forbidden to plant green vygonochnye plants, as they can bring diseases and pests from the open soil.
- Flower. These structures are collected for the cultivation of flowers, varieties of which are demanding on the level of moisture and temperature. They can be purchased as a finished product (duo-pitch, wall, tent and arched) and build with your own hands. Often such greenhouses are also called greenhouses or film tunnels. Under the special film, the flowers feel comfortable in the cold winter and hot summer.The only thing such objects should be protected from the wind, placing next to residential buildings or fences, and carefully thought out in order to save electricity lighting system.
Before you make your choice in favor of a particular type of greenhouse, it is necessary to take into account one important point - from what material the frame and coating of the building are made. In order for a structure to serve reliably for many years, it must be easy to install, operate and be made of a material capable of transmitting light well. In addition, it is desirable to choose a coating that is resistant to deformation, arising under the influence of wind and snow and withstands temperature changes.
Recently, the following material has been used to install greenhouses:
- reinforced film;
Each of the above coatings has its pros and cons. For example, glass has the property to let through 94% of sunlight, it is not afraid of low temperature, but it is fragile, expensive and heavy. Therefore, an excellent alternative to glass is a polymer film - its weight is insignificant, installation can be carried out without laying the foundation and assembling a bulky frame.The film is characterized by high light transmission, but quickly breaks and requires replacement once every few years.
Polycarbonate has also proved itself well; it ideally replaces film and glass and is suitable for covering structures that are placed on a solid stationary base. Thanks to the positive qualities of the material, favorable conditions for the growth of crops are created inside the greenhouse. They get the required level of lighting, moisture and heat. Polycarbonate has no cons, it is easy to assemble and affordable. It is not inferior to quality PVC, acrylic, but in many ways prevails over ordinary polyethylene, which is afraid of gusts of wind and sudden changes in temperature.
A huge role in the selection of greenhouses play and its size, suggesting the height, width and length of the structure. Greenhouse facilities can be both dimensional and small. Small adjustments, as a rule, are put on sites with a limited area, while their length can reach from 4 to 6 meters. But the width is considered the most important indicator, on which the comfort and convenience of greenhouse maintenance depends, therefore it should not be small, its optimal size is 5 m.
A good choice are polycarbonate constructions of 3 × 6 m in size, up to 6 beds 6 m long can be formed in them, which is quite enough to provide the family with the necessary volume of vegetables and greens. The height in this case is no less than human growth and often reaches 2-3 m. In order to correctly calculate the size of the greenhouse, it is necessary to take into account the number of doors and windows in it, as well as the type of foundation and design features.
Style and design
Equipping the dacha, it is important not only to fill it with useful buildings, but also to correctly choose their style that would correspond to the overall design of landscape design. Modern greenhouses are usually built using wood, metal and plastic. At the same time, the metal combined with the original glazing, where beautiful patterns or patterns are present, allows you to create a stunning effect. Trees made of wood are also very popular, as they give the site a slight decorative effect. Putting a decorative ornament on the glass it is worth remembering that it should not interfere with the penetration of the sun's rays, therefore it is desirable to observe the balance and try to make it as open as possible.
A huge role in the design plays and form design. She, as a rule, is selected on the basis of the general style of the problem. It is desirable that the greenhouse looked harmoniously against the background of a residential building and garden. Therefore, its design should pay attention to color and decorative elements, which should be repeated in other objects placed on the site. For example, beautiful patterns on the casing can be a continuation of the compositions present on benches, gazebos, fences and pergolas. Thus, the greenhouse will not look like a casual and lonely element in landscape design.
Which is better to choose?
For many gardeners, the choice of a greenhouse is considered a huge problem, since this design is represented by a chic range of models. In order to make the right decision in favor of a particular structure, it is important to know its purpose, plan of cultivation and the size of the site that can be allocated for construction. Depending on what plants will grow in the greenhouse, select its dimensions, shape, as well as the material for covering the frame.
In the case when the gardener is enough to grow only seedlings,then you can install a budget version of a small greenhouse, covered with film. It is compact and after transplanting plants to open ground is quickly dismantled. If, however, crops of several varieties that are demanding for lighting are planted, then it is necessary to build a structure on a polycarbonate foundation, since it can be additionally equipped with sources of heating, artificial lighting, and operated throughout the year. In addition, in polycarbonate buildings it is convenient to place a lot of racks and shelves, which will simplify the process of growing and caring for plants.
The construction of a greenhouse at the dacha is considered to be a responsible undertaking, requiring not only temporary, but also financial expenses. In order for the structure to reliably last a long time, the assembly of the structure must be made of durable and high-quality material, and if there is no desire to test yourself in the role of a novice builder, then it is better to put the products purchased in finished form. They do not need to register on the site. If it is planned to build a large greenhouse with a foundation, then its location at the cottage is best to coordinate with the relevant authorities and get permission for installation.
In addition, novice gardeners should consider the following recommendations of experts.
- In small greenhouses, it is better to form beds with central placement, and in rooms with a width of more than 2.5 m they can take a place around the perimeter.
- In the case when it is planned to plant medium- and low-growing plants, it is not necessary to build a high structure, the most important thing is that it should be put from north to south.
- For the “stepped” landing, one should choose lean-to structures.
- In large greenhouses, tall crops should be planted along the walls, and low-growing ones should be planted in the middle.
- In the gable building on the walls, you can install special racks and grow tall plants.
- Arched structures are well suited for planting crops in beds, and their height should be selected depending on the size of the plants. The best option is considered a model with a rectangular shape.
- The greenhouse hemisphere is convenient for planting both medium and short growing crops. In its center it is necessary to put a barrel with water painted black, so the tank will heat up during the daytime,and at night to provide the room with optimum humidity and air temperature.
Glass House began its work in 2001 and successfully produces products that are unparalleled worldwide. Due to the fact that the frames of greenhouses are made of metal, previously undergoing treatment, facilities can serve up to 30 years. As for the greenhouses TD "Harvest", they differ in design features, since they are produced according to individual drawings, taking into account the wishes of consumers. The gardeners noted their corrosion resistance of profiles, the possibility of additional assembly of sections and the installation of buildings without a foundation.
A lot of positive feedback was also received by the models manufactured by ZGT Osnova. They are inexpensive and suitable for growing both vegetable crops and flowers. The legs of the structure burrow into the ground, and the arcs are simply fixed between them at a distance of 65 cm with the aid of a fastening system. The outer coating is made of polycarbonate.
Famous manufacturers and reviews
To date, greenhouses can be collected both independently with their own hands, and purchased in finished form,the latter are distinguished by increased strength and durability, since they are produced by factories according to special drawings with the use of high-quality material.
In Russia, the rating of leading companies was led by Volia, TD Harvest, Novoladozhsky Zavod, Class House and Osnova HRT.
This top manufacturer is made up in accordance with customer reviews and the demand for greenhouse structures. Trademark "Will" It is well known not only in Russia, its products are in great demand in other countries. The manufacturer produces various models of greenhouses, as well as household equipment necessary for growing plants. The product has proven itself affordable and high quality.
Successful examples and options
In order for the suburban area to have a beautiful view, it is necessary to place beautiful and original buildings on its territory, in particular, this also applies to greenhouses. The real highlight of landscape design can be a wooden structure with elements of carving in which you can grow vegetables and flowers. The shape of the structure is best to choose octagonal, it will give it a decor and allow you to perform the installation both on elevation and in open space.
No less interesting will look and the greenhouse in the form of "house".Its unusual geometric shape and laconic lines will give the cottage a special style. Such buildings are well placed next to the house and supplement the area for recreation. The room can be equipped with lighting, heating and water supply.
How to choose a greenhouse for the garden or cottage, see below.